Jamie's Dream School

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sherry_d

Jamie's Dream School

Post by sherry_d »

Anyone watching it? Huh this week must have been the worst...

....and seeing all of them dream teachers and Jamie mollycoddling the worst behaved :shock:

Most of the kids deserve no second chance, what a waste. All my sympathy is gone....and some of the parents need a good kicking too.
Impossible is Nothing.
tiredmum

Re: Jamie's Dream School

Post by tiredmum »

i sent you a pm today - nice long one and then i accidently pushed the back button and WOOOSH it was gone! :oops: :lol:
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

I am eagerly waiting now TM, send me another one please :D
Impossible is Nothing.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

dont get to excited ! i was waffeling a bit :)
guest201

Post by guest201 »

I watched one week of Jamie's dream school and thought that most of the children were just plain rude and in my opinion there is no excuse for that. Lying around in class, talking when the teacher is talking, messing around with their mobiles. I wont carry on because it makes me angry just thinking about it. Why should society have to conform to the bad behaviour of these children by pandering to them, rather than these children being expected to conform to the behavioural standards of a civilised society. Sometimes going to school is boring, not everything in life is fun, that is the most important lesson that children have to learn and unfortunately the children who go to Jamie's dream school havent learnt that yet, and until they do they are going to waste their lives away. Very sad.
succeed

Post by succeed »

This was car crash TV at it's best.Just about everybody in it was horrendous(save a few of the dream teachers), but no_one more so than the wimpy head teacher who undermined any teacher who dared to try and instil discipline.
Anyway, after all that hard work and effort (??!), all the 'lovely' students left the programme being told how great/talented they all were and a with wad of cash to boot, masquerading as some sort of 'scholarship'. :shock: Really not sure what the point of this programme was, as even by reality TV standards, it was a circus from start to finish.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

It was in deed car crash and perhaps Jamie should stick to cooking.

How awful for all of them to be given scolarships. I really cant even pick one child that I thought benefited, infact they are thinking they are now some sort of celebrities :shock:
Impossible is Nothing.
succeed

Post by succeed »

sherry_d wrote:It was in deed car crash and perhaps Jamie should stick to cooking.:
Agreed.His hypothesis that 'all these kids need are inspirational teachers' was quite clearly, and unequivocally , disproved by the end of the series, though there was no admission of this by him. It was cringing, no offensive, to witness the pandering and bribery of disruptive pupils in return for very minimal compliance.
Even these charismatic, successful and motivational dream teachers resorted to 'gimmicks' in desperate bids to keep the horrendous pupil's attention for more than 10 seconds.Sir John Winston ( whom i have always admired) had male students 't***ng off to donate sperm for a science lesson. :shock:
Oh well. At least we can all sleep well in our beds feeling vindicated of our choices to take the grammar/indie route, where we can reasonably hope our children will encounter some of the more studious types and actually be able to learn something .
Sassie'sDad

Post by Sassie'sDad »

I was mildly interested to watch having listened to David Starkey at al on the radio explaining their views. However the first five minutes of the programme was too much for me. We know what is wrong with State schools and Education. There are many who are responsible for the dreadful fact that Education for the majority has gone backwards over recent decades but this was NO help. Poverty of aspiratiion and more!!! More money has been wasted in the last decade than ever before and it has produced nothing worth while.
chicko-mum

Post by chicko-mum »

We watched very little of this series too, and even that was painful enough! Glad to say DD thought the kids' behaviour attrocious and unacceptable :D
I'd like to know what Jamie proposed to do in the unlikely event that this experiment had worked? How would he find enough of these (usually celebrity) teachers with the level of expertise in their field held by the likes of David Starkey, Robert Winston et al to put into every school? Surely they are needed in their current day jobs? Maybe I missed the episode where he covered this... :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now