Facebook

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Waiting_For_Godot

Facebook

Post by Waiting_For_Godot »

Does anyone know how I can permanently disable a face book account? DS is having "problems" on FB and I deactivated his account but if he puts in his email and password then it reactivates. :? :x
Etienne

Re: Facebook

Post by Etienne »

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/06 ... -websites/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
Waiting_For_Godot

Thanks Etienne. So basically I have to keep him away from the computer or 14+ days. Easier said than done, especially in the hols! :roll:
katel

Post by katel »

Wouldnt it be easier to help him resolve the problems? Even if he has no facebook account, all his friends will, and banning him just means he doesn't know what's being said.
Waiting_For_Godot

It is not a bullying issue and I told him not to do certain things before I gave him an account and he has disobeyed me. :x
magwich2

Post by magwich2 »

It is a pity more parents are not like WFG!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

One of the problems is that children are not as aware and often don't use the privacy settings so that anyone can view their pages.

(I am not friend on facebook with my son, there are some things I don;t want to know!)
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

yoyo123 wrote:(I am not friend on facebook with my son, there are some things I don;t want to know!)
I am. I want to know everything!!! :D
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

At long last I have been allowed to become a friend of my son on facebook (he is 20) - however whatever he's done, I'm not allowed to see his wall, so I can't see what he's been up to. But at least he will chat to me when I go on occasionally, and I can see he's still alive :D
push-pull-mum

Post by push-pull-mum »

Waiting_For_Godot wrote:It is not a bullying issue and I told him not to do certain things before I gave him an account and he has disobeyed me. :x
Just been on an internet safety training course and I was completely amazed at what a lot of parents let their kids get up to online.
Way to go - W-F-G!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now