Street Parties

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
doodles

Street Parties

Post by doodles »

Is anybody else having a street party? We have taken the plunge here, got council approval (what a joke) and are going to now try and organise the food.

Anybody got any good ideas?

Edit:
Sorry don't mean to imply that council approval for closing a main road isn't important but we are in a 14 house cul de sac that has zilch traffic and one person parking badly closes the road regularly!!
Chelmsford mum

Re: Street Parties

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Just been reading about how to avoid the Royal wedding which, suprisingly a survey says 35 % of the public want to do.I thought it was just me!

Here a most of the local schools have a 3 day week in school, most primary schools are having street parties/banquets in school.My little one has to go dressed as a princess - which of course, she will love.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Not a street party as such, more erecting a barricade of flaming tyres and declaring a republic. Might barbecue a few sausages while I'm at it tho if that counts.

Mike
doodles

Post by doodles »

We have to promise not to damage the highway!
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

mike1880 wrote:Not a street party as such, more erecting a barricade of flaming tyres and declaring a republic. Might barbecue a few sausages while I'm at it tho if that counts.

Mike
Whilst singing Les Mis songs?
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

We have one on my street and they have been sending us out the newsletters about it but I was wondering what exactly we will be doing. I simply hope it will not be too cringeworthy. I just have a vision of union jack everywhere with all red cowboy hats and red tshirts.
Impossible is Nothing.
doodles

Post by doodles »

No, we are going to be very sedate and dignified! There are only 14 houses and the age range is 11 months to 89 years so I can't see us getting into to much trouble! Will be nice to talk to everybody rather than just chatting in the front gardens when people walk past - we are very lucky in that everybody is very friendly.
andyb

Post by andyb »

Chelmsford mum wrote:Just been reading about how to avoid the Royal wedding which, suprisingly a survey says 35 % of the public want to do.I thought it was just me!
We have an avoidance activity planned. I can't stand watching events live when the commentators feel they have to say something about every minute detail repeatedly! I will watch the highlights later.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

That sounds nice, Doodles...Hope you are cobbling together an union jack tutu for the occasion ! :lol: In my village there's something going on in the evening , bit of a shame for the children as during the Queens Jubilee the whole village was closed off and we had a massive street party which was great, actually.

DD is going on and on about it and I think wants to watch wall to wall coverage of the wedding on the tv :shock: DH isn't interested at all and wants to go out as he thinks everywhere will be empty .....shall have to break the news to him there are obviously a lot of like minded people !

Yes, Andyb, that irritates me too when they just talk drivel....I imagine it will be at it's peak when all the non entity royals arrive and their outfits will have to be commented on.........
doodles

Post by doodles »

Now there's an idea Scarlett, could look rather fetching don't you think? Or it could be three layers of tulle in red, white and blue.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now