moulded plastic or wraparound swing seats?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Blitz

moulded plastic or wraparound swing seats?

Post by Blitz »

We are thinking about replacing the swings on our swing set. We have had moulded plastic seats before but DD fancies wraparound seats that she has spotted on the internet. Has anyone had experience of these? Are they comfortable or would we be better off with replacing like with like?

In the third space we had a glide rider (a two seated swing where the children face each other and swing back and forth), as DC are 8 and 10 we think they will soon be too big for this. DC like the look of a trapeze and rings. Again has anyone got one of these? Are they a broken arm/head injury just waiting to happen?! I'm all for risk taking but is a trapeze a risk too far?

Thanks, off to jump in the paddling pool!
asdguest

Re: moulded plastic or wraparound swing seats?

Post by asdguest »

We got a trapeze and rings - one of my sons absolutely loved it and played on it for hours every night. In fact, he even has a go now he's sixteen and over 6ft! He has always been incredibly accident-prone and we have had many a trip to A&E but, I'm pleased to report, never due to trapeze or rings. Have to admit to having a sneaky go myself - not a pretty sight.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now