Travel from Westerham to Skinners'

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
houseplant

Travel from Westerham to Skinners'

Post by houseplant »

Does anyone know if there is a bus that goes from Westerham to Skinners' in Tunbridge Wells and back again after school? Can see an option using the Tunbridge Wells Boys Grammar bus in the morning but it seems too leave to early to be used as a return in the afternoon. Hope someone can help - thank you!
doodles

Re: Travel from Westerham to Skinners'

Post by doodles »

DS travels from Riverhead area to Skinners and whilst standing at the bus stop an Arriva bus from Westerham to TWells goes by and he can get one on the way back that goes through to Westerham. It is an Arriva 401 try the following link:

http://www.11-19travel.info/schools/086.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this works 'cos I've never posted a link before!!
houseplant

Post by houseplant »

Thank you so much. Yes the link worked - unfortunately there is no ongoing timetable for the bus, which is useful! Re: DS going to Skinners' - how long does it take on the bus? Is there a terrible hold-up at Southborough? We are trying to work out best/shortest/quickest route. Not sure if that is by bus or bus and train. He will already have to ride his bike the two miles into Westerham and back in the evening!
doodles

Post by doodles »

I'll pm you.
tripledub

Post by tripledub »

Houseplant, my DS and another boy from his class will be travelling from Westerham to Skinners as well. There is only one other Westerham boy we know of who goes to Skinners, and he gets a lift to Bessels Green to pick up a bus to TW.

We are looking into options at the moment, so might be worthwhile swapping notes? I'm new, so not sure what best way to discuss this!
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

The Traveline website is also good to work out travel arrangements.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Hi there, the 303 Metrobus from Bessels Green to Skinners is no longer run by Metrobus! The tender was won by Griffin bus and is the BM1(?) it only started today but appears to be a seamless handover - DS1 came home saying it was fine to quote "no different" (grunt) :lol:

Hope this helps, it is a really useful bus and because it uses the A21 is a lot quicker than some of them that go through Sevenoaks and Tonbridge High Streets.