Parmiter's School Performance with New Head Teacher

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
babycakes

Parmiter's School Performance with New Head Teacher

Post by babycakes »

Nick Daymond was appointed as the new Head of Parmiter's School.

Does anyone have a sense of whether things have changed at the school and if the focus has changed?

The website was modernised and significantly improved soon after he started but what about the things that matter like education standards and life at the school?
tense

Re: Parmiter's School Performance with New Head Teacher

Post by tense »

Hi babycakes

I have a DD in Yr 9. Personally, I do not feel that Parmiter's has changed at all since Mr Daymond was appointed. He took over a great school (IMHO!) & quite rightly has not leapt in to make immediate changes just to stamp his mark as some might do. Of course he will probably make changes in the future as he becomes more established but I am confident that these will be in keeping with the school's traditional ethos.

He seems a really nice guy - he attends all the usual school events; the panto, concerts etc, often with his family. He is regularly on the touchline (home & away) supporting various sports. He's also very approachable & the kids see him regularly at assembly / just walking around etc or when they're called in for "praise".

Bit early to comment on educational standards although I can't see these changing much (however, do remember that the current Yr 9 were the first year subject to the maximum 25% academic intake - had been 35% - so there might be a change in the next few years anyway).

These are only my views of course, and once your DC are at secondary school you don't have such a close relationship with the school as at primary. So I'd be interested to hear any other views too!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now