Sutton Grammar admissions for 2012

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
admissionslady

Sutton Grammar admissions for 2012

Post by admissionslady »

I should like to take this opportunity to tell forum users that the Supplementary Form for admission to Sutton Grammar School for Boys in 2012 is now available online for the very first time.

We are very excited about this, and we hope parents will be too. No more worry about the post, as applicants will have immediate email confirmation that their application has arrived. And parents will no longer be relying on us to input their details - so no more silly spelling mistakes!

To find the form, please see the admissions page of our website

http://www.suttongrammar.sutton.sch.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No panic - the closing date isn't until 21st October
999 mum

Re: Sutton Grammar admissions for 2012

Post by 999 mum »

Sorry

I am being very dense - I can't find the link on the left. :oops: :oops:
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Middle of the page.
Latest News

For entry into Sutton Grammar School in 2012, you can now complete our Supplementary Form online, by clicking here.
999 mum

Post by 999 mum »

:oops: :oops: am turning pink with embarrassment

Thank you Steve. ( It is on the admission page as well as a box. )
mynameisbond

Post by mynameisbond »

Hi admissions lady - I have submitted my son's form but pressed submit without attaching a photo. Am now panicking as I don't know whether to resubmit or send photo separately ! Please advise. Many thanks
admissionslady

Post by admissionslady »

That's not a problem at all. Just go back in using the username and password that you set up, and on the screen where it says "Welcome Back Mrs Mynameisbond", click on the picture icon next to your son's name. This will take you to the upload photo screen - follow the instructions and you'll see the picture in the box. We also provide the facility to crop pictures or reduce the file size if the one you have isn't suitable.

Lots of people are coming back and doing the photo later because they don't happen to have a suitable one at that time.

Call me at school if you have any problems.
Clapham mum

Post by Clapham mum »

Admissions Lady, please can you answer a question for me? At the open evening last year I was informed that you only had one pupil that intake from Lambeth. I note that the third criteria for admissions iin the new policy is the proximity of the boys home from school where scores are equal. In practice, are there a lot of equal scores and does this have the effect of knocking out a lot of boys who live further away?? We really liked Sutton grammar but obviously those places on the CAF form are precious and I don't want to list Sutton grammar if in reality the chances are low even if our son scores high. Any help on this would be appreciated, thanks
admissionslady

Post by admissionslady »

Yes, there are quite a lot of boys on the same score, but of course that only has an impact on the lowest score where we can make an offer (336 in the first round this year).

We've got two from Lambeth joining us this year.
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Would 332 have been offered a place eventually this year?
admissionslady

Post by admissionslady »

Yes - but not all of them.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now