Newbie with aspirations for Kendrick

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
TigerMum

Newbie with aspirations for Kendrick

Post by TigerMum »

and lots of questions :)

Just found this site and have taken a good look at all the different sections and lots of the threads. I have daughters currently in y3 and we are keen to try for Kendrick. So, to kick off...

Tutors:
pros and cons? how do you find a good tutor? with a successful pass rate? any recommendations please?

I've had a look at the page listing tutors on this site, but I would prefer a personal recommendation rather than an anonymous advert. Another mum from school pointed me towards A E Tuition in Slough, I know they do books too - does anyone have any experience of these people?

Thanks in advance.
Goldens Mum

Re: Newbie with aspirations for Kendrick

Post by Goldens Mum »

Hi,
My DD is also keen to go to Kendrick. I asked similar questions in the last few months, so if you do a search on someof my posts you should get some of the answers you are looking for.

I'm not going for a tutor, as I think I'm capable of doing it myself and I think DD responds better to me than she might a tutor. Its also easier for us to fit in 10 -15 mins here and there at the moment. Once she begins year 5 we are going to up the amount of work we do gradually.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Just found this site today, another newbie planning on applying to Kendrick.
NaomiHi

Post by NaomiHi »

This may be contraversial, but if your daughter is in Year 3 you need to relax and not worry about tutoring or prep for grammar/11 plus just yet. Let your lovely daughter be a kid for a good while yet. Remember that getting in is just the beginning . . . your daughter must be able to keep up with the work . . . by all means get some practice tests and have your daughter take them in Y6, but please don't overstress your youngster.

My daughter sat the 11+ specifically to get into Kendrick in November 2008 . . . she had six weeks of taking practice tests about four evenings a week and that's all the prep she did . . . if she had needed more, I would have worried about her ability to keep up with the workload if/once she got in.

My top tip . . . relax.

N
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now