Bored now...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

muminTewkes

Bored now...

Post by muminTewkes »

Well after the last years ups and downs and the frantic waiting for allocation day...Im bored :lol:

When do we start to get emails/kit lists/anything really?and what can we expect to happen now re visits etc?
DS1 is eager to get to Pates and tbh Id just like something to keep me interested :wink:

Waving to all other Pates to be newbies and other forum members and good luck to those on the journey for this October...oh I remember it so well :D
capers123

Re: Bored now...

Post by capers123 »

Bored? But SATS are next week. Highlight of the Primary School Year.
Capers
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

Indeed :roll:

Dont get me started there!(again)
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

Ahh,***** sats :evil: . Ds1 feels as though he has let his teachers down if he doesn't get 5a on practice papers. 5c isn't good enough for him!! I wish he would just relax over the whole thing. I will be sooooo glad when they are done with. On a good note we had an email from Pate's today letting us know that the welcome pack will be with us soon so we haven't been forgotten(or a mistake made and they've changed their minds about having ds1).
I also have a much more organised house than its been for about a year :wink: :lol:
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

Ah yes email here too... at least I didnt dream it all.... :D
Im just excited for him I guess...!

SATs have hardly figured in the topic of conversation-I even was going to remove him for the rest of May as the school are SO hot on them and uptight about the whole thing,its literally ALL theyve done since last November! :evil: but ds1 assured me I was over reacting somewhat and that he honestly couldnt care less-comes to something when an 11 year old has to put a "manly"calming hand on his mums shoulder :wink:

With the welcome pack and other bits its all becoming real now!
chatternatter

Post by chatternatter »

Sats Sats Sats !!!!!!!
They have been raming then down my ds throat, telling her she really needs to practice 5bs and a 5c need to be improved. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. yet at parents evening he rolled his eyes at me when he asked what school she was going to. T*ss pot. They sent practive papers home for the holidays and said she needs to practice practice .
I said lets just go over old ground to make sure you are happy and content with what you no. (Surely her confidence and self belief would benefit her much more than some statistic for the school.

Rant over.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Now I'm getting worried. Our school seem really low key about SATs. Ie. No extra holiday homework, no extra evening homework. The children know they have SATs, and have been practising in school, but that's about it. Should I have one more at home?
capers123

Post by capers123 »

pheasantchick wrote:Now I'm getting worried. Our school seem really low key about SATs. Ie. No extra holiday homework, no extra evening homework. The children know they have SATs, and have been practising in school, but that's about it. Should I have one more at home?
They're only of significance to the Primary School. They don't get used by the secondaries for 'setting' children (they don't trust the results). They're not used in appeals, as the actual SAT results don't come out 'till end of term - we only are told predicted SAT results, if that.

So I wouldn't stress your child.
Capers
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now