In-Year Admission

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
GranTourismo

In-Year Admission

Post by GranTourismo »

Hi

If a school has admitted to making an in-year admission, does this not prove that the school can admit addition pupils without prejudice? If I used this information at appeal have I won my case?
hermanmunster

Re: In-Year Admission

Post by hermanmunster »

has anyone left mid year?
GranTourismo

Post by GranTourismo »

It is an increase of 1 pupil since the information for appeal was compiled.
Alex

Post by Alex »

An in-year admission will have been to a year group already in the school. This would generally have little bearing on appeals for entry to Year 7 in September.
If the year group in question was below PAN the school would have had to admit; they could have been forced to admit by the LA for a Statemented child or under fair access protocols or the person could have won an appeal.

It is highly unusual for a school not to be able to prove some prejudice at Stage 1 of an appeal, certainly for Year 7 entry when there are often several to many appellants. Their case may be weakened by "coping" with extra pupils on a regualr basis but rarely completely overturned.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

GranTourismo wrote:does this not prove that the school can admit addition pupils without prejudice? If I used this information at appeal have I won my case?
Even if it did prove that they can take extra pupils, it will not only have proved it for you, but for all the other people appealing.

In other words, it's not possible for a panel to decide that for some appeals the school can take over PAN/IAN, but for other appeals they can't.

It is also likely that the extra in-year admission was due itself to a successful appeal - appeals can happen at any time or year.
Capers
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now