Olympic tickets

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Blitz

Olympic tickets

Post by Blitz »

Has anyone checked their bank account yet and been allocated any tickets?
tonbridgemum

Re: Olympic tickets

Post by tonbridgemum »

Nothing taken today from my account. Be interesting to hear when people start to be informed! Wonder if it will be all very last minute :?
Clarabelle

Post by Clarabelle »

Just checked my bank account & nothing taken here....
Clarabelle
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Is the money taken, or do we get an email first to tell us what we've been given?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I understand the money goes and then several weeks later you find what you have got...
sp

Post by sp »

Nothing gone from our account as yet; I know they started yesterday but does any one know when the debiting of accounts goes on 'til? Have the first tranche of tickets been allocated and I'll only get some if someone can't pay? And why did it have to be so complicated?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I think it is a crazy system - just been reading this....:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ds-newsxml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Appears may take several weeks for them to take the money so don't worry if it hasn't gone yet - you may still get some tickets.

I decided not to even try getting tickets - bit of a faff from the wilds of Yorkshire anyway and security will be a nightmare.
I did originally put my name on the list for volunteering - apparently they wanted loads of medical / nursing staff - however was not so keen when discovered that had to find and pay for own accommodation in London for the 2 weeks ... OK if you live there but not if from elsewhere. Struck me that if you aren't involved in olympics and live in London then best to leave as everyone else will be working at the site!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

We live quite near some of the events, but even so decided that we didn't have loads of cash swilling around in our bank account just in case they allocated us some tickets. We are hoping we will be able to get some in a second round of allocations when they have returns etc. It would be a shame to miss out, but the system was crazy.
scary mum
marigold

Post by marigold »

We have applied for a few with my husband splashing out on an expensive one for the sport he loves more than he loves me.

We will be applying for more Para Olympic tickets, they are on sale in September, as prices start at £5 and we really want a chance to get into the velodrome and swimming pool complex. I was an Olympics addict last time round and thoroughly enjoyed the Para events shown on television, just as good as the able bodied stuff.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

They were saying on breakfast tv yesterday, that some people had over applied. One bloke had applied for £35,000 worth and another £10,000, in the hope they'd be able to sell them back if they were allocated them all. breakfast tv reminded people that the tickets may not be purchased back and to be prepared for it!!!

I wonder if you'll be able to pick them up of Ebay??
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now