Grammar staff visited primary school today

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
morrisdancingmummy

Grammar staff visited primary school today

Post by morrisdancingmummy »

I just wanted to mention that a staff member from HSFG visited DD1 at school today. She arrived unannounced (to DD1 and I- maybe the school knew) and spent around an hour with DD1 telling her about her new school routines.

Dd1 was delighted that she was genuinely interested in her- her hobbies and interests as well/ more so than her school work.
She asked about what we had sorted out about transport to/ from school and if Dd1 knew anyone else who was going etc.

DD1 was pleased as punch as she is the only one from her current primary going to GS with only one other girl among her friends opted for anything other than 'local comp'.

She felt really special, and has been buzzing with excitenment about it all all evening!

She was very pleased with the letter she recieved from her buddy a current year 7, and was very keen to get on with the booklet which asks her all about her experiences in various subjects!

It was a pleasure to see her so inspired by school again (especially after SATS) and we are really looking forward to the open evening now on Monday night.

I posted this really as a way of saying :D :D Thank you to the school. :D :D

The time and effort that they obviously go to to help the new arrivals settle in is Truly appreciated!Thank you from a delighted Mum :D
muminTewkes

Re: Grammar staff visited primary school today

Post by muminTewkes »

What a lovely post :D

Sounds like they really made an effort-wonderful...
Gosh,its really all starting now isnt it?
Peanuts

Post by Peanuts »

My daughter is in year 11 at HSFG, she has enjoyed being at the school very much and is achieving highly accademically. If your daughter is interested in music, I would recommend her being part of the junior orchestra, school band, or jazz band.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

DD2 had her visitation today. Similar experience (though for SHS), just as nicely done. Immidiately joined the Stroud High Chicks forum with the supplied log-in details.

As for bands, DD1 has now been allowed to sign up to gigs for next term with the school barn dance band (only Y9's and up can go out & earn-whilst-you-play). She's delighted!
Capers