Tanning Wipe Disaster

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Belinda

Tanning Wipe Disaster

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
familyinthevalley

Re: Tanning Wipe Disaster

Post by familyinthevalley »

Maybe try a 'holiday tan moisturizer' with a very small amount of tan in it to try and smooth it out? I wouldn't recommend a t anning bed for any child, and actually - haven't they just passed a law, or considering one, to make it illegal for children to use them?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

marigold

Post by marigold »

My daughter had a similar disaster a couple of weeks ago. She has the misfortune to be the only milky white red head in a nut brown family.

She used a body scrub by Bliss which was gentle enough for her face and worked absolute wonders.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Being a bit of a fake fan I would be careful with the body moisturisers with tan in them, they can be very orange, they do streak and they pong too. Has she tried body scrub if not I think I would take her to a salon and ask their advice.
familyinthevalley

doodles wrote:Being a bit of a fake fan I would be careful with the body moisturisers with tan in them, they can be very orange, they do streak and they pong too. Has she tried body scrub if not I think I would take her to a salon and ask their advice.
Oh no!!!! Why has nobody told me I pong! lol - I am very fair with freckles, so the tinted moisturiser works best for me - if I go for a fake tan, I'd look like an orange marrow!

Yes Marigold - I'd head to the salon!
doodles

Post by doodles »

FIV can you pm the one you use which doesn't pong. Fed up with buying them (and they can be expensive) and finding I smell like a chemical experiment but I do like the "hint of a tint" that they give.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

In Boots or Superdrug you can buy corrector wipes/ lotion ....I think it is quite a big range so there might be something suitable ? My DH had to buy some of these recently as he slapped on most of my holiday lotion tan enhancer and with hands like spades didn't do a great job...in fact you could actually see hand prints on his legs !

Doodles...just seen your post, I use Amber Solaire ( I think that's how it's spelt !) and I think it smells quite nice...not too strong and I don't look streaky ( unless my friends aren't brave enough to tell me ! )
familyinthevalley

I've just pm'd you Doodles - Scarlett......maybe our friends just don't have the heart to tell us? yikes!
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now