Independent Schools who run extended day

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

harrow123

Independent Schools who run extended day

Post by harrow123 »

Can you please let me know of any Independent school who runs compulsory extended day which includes Homework being done at School and good if they run Sat school (it may be activities/lessons/sports ) as well. It may be either mixed or boys or girls, please mention the location as well along with school name, though I am looking preferably in London and surroundings

Thanks
scary mum

Re: Independent Schools who run extended day

Post by scary mum »

I think Clare's Court in Maidenhead has homework at school as I see the bus late. Don't know about saturday but I don't think so. Merchant Taylor's in Northwood used to do Saturdays, but that was a long time ago, I don't know if they do now.
scary mum
manicmummy

Post by manicmummy »

Newhall in chelmsford i believe have a longer day with homework/tea involved
cocoa0101

Post by cocoa0101 »

If it is for girls then look at Queen Anne's, Reading. Lots of sports after school as well as time to do homework with the day finishing at 6.30pm (4.30pm on a Wednesday). Saturday morning is voluntary school but with plenty of activities on offer.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Most schools with boarding element tend to have an extended day and saturday school for their day pupils too.
Impossible is Nothing.
Waiting_For_Godot

Post by Waiting_For_Godot »

Are you trying to set up some sort of independent schools website Harrow123? :?
harrow123

Post by harrow123 »

Waiting_For_Godot wrote:Are you trying to set up some sort of independent schools website Harrow123? :?
lol ,i wish

as u can see my other posts (if you have seen :), if i can not afford sending my child to boarding then i will prefer to send to extended day school so they get more time to participate in activities
sp

Post by sp »

If you want boarding but the fees are an issue have you thought about state boarding schools? Probably yoou already have so apologies if this is a useless suggestion.
cinnamon

Post by cinnamon »

Epsom College has extended day and, I think, 3 Saturdays a month. Pretty pricy, though, at £6400/term. It's mixed, 13-18.
Waiting_For_Godot

Post by Waiting_For_Godot »

I alway thought extended days were better but there are schools that offer after-school clubs that are not compulsory. Now that DS wants to pursue music an extended day is an absolute nightmare as there is very little time to practice. But if you work long hours then it is perfect.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now