Tiffin appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
jenny wren

Tiffin appeal

Post by jenny wren »

Has anyone been given a date for appeal yet?

Has anyone had any experience of appealing for a Tiffin place?

Jenny :D
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Jenny

A bit lonely on this thread isn't it? :?

I know nothing about Tiffin, but if you search "Tiffin" on the Forum, you will find a long string of threads that may help you on the experience of appeals.

Best wishes
Sally-Anne
jenny wren

Post by jenny wren »

Thanks Sally-Anne

I did a search and could not find any threads to an appeal at Tiffin. I may post this in the Surrey & Sutton section.

Hope you have enjoyed the hols.

Laura

Post by Laura »

Jenny wren are you appealing for the girls or boys school. I am thinking of appealing for the girls school. I know it's late but I have only just decided to appeal I understand I have until 20th April to submit my appeal papers, hope my information is right. Not many girls or boys appeals are successful though. My appeal is based on different admissions criteria this year. Worth a go is how I see it.

Post by Guest »

Laura

I feel that if I don't try I will always think 'what if'. So follow your instincts.

We are appealing for a boys place. Yes, the chances of success are very slim and I'm very much keeping that at the front of my mind.

I heard on the grapevine that a mother is actually taking Tiffin Girls or the LEA (I don't know which) to court. The arguement is that they provide only 120 grammar places for girls in the borough as opposed to 140 for boys. I think it's an equal oportunites issue.

Good luck and keep us all posted.

jenny wren

Post by jenny wren »

Woooops

sorry, forgot to login.

Jenny
Laura

Post by Laura »

Jenny wren

yes that's true I know the mother involved. Been running for a year now but she is very determined.
jenny wren

Post by jenny wren »

Laura

I hope she succeeds. You'd think when they rebuilt the school, following the fire, they would have bourne this in mind.

Jenny
Tiffin Kid

Post by Tiffin Kid »

I used to go to Tiffin School. I failed the exam and my parents pushed for an appeal. I think I failed quite badly.

The story goes that my parents came in and they said they were really sorry but the exam had been mis marked. A whole page had been un marked. They'd remarked it and my score was 10 marks above the pass mark (with the pass mark being 231).

They apologised profusely, saying that it hadn't happened for 7 years, and promptly offered me a place.

Just something to give you hope.

Post by 1 »

My son failed the Tiffin appeal this year. Reason was that his papers were marked correctly and he is next on the waiting list to be called. 8 boys need to withdraw before boys who are first on the waiting list will be called. Does anyone know from past if there is any chance for boys to get in if they are first on the waiting list as it is now?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now