Music forms for Pates

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sabanna

Music forms for Pates

Post by Sabanna »

Can anyone help me please :)

DD plays both violin and clarinet, so should I fill out a separate registration form for each instrument or put them both on the same form.

I'll ring the school in the morning if nobody knows, but wanted to try and get all the forms filled tonight so I can post on my way to work if possible.

Thanks in anticipation of someone who knows :)
happychap

Re: Music forms for Pates

Post by happychap »

No idea. If it were me, I'd fill in two as they probably go to different teachers.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Have you though of lessons out of school for one instrument? It means less missed lessons, but of course, you'd have to get your child to the teacher.
Capers
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

Sorry, I can't help. Ds1 loved the idea of playing an instrument,thoroughly enjoyed the lessons but hated practicing, and I didn't see the point in pushing it and fighting so he stopped. :oops:
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
Sabanna

Post by Sabanna »

The answer from the school was that if I felt using one would be unclear then to fill out a second one!

Capers I have been thinking about that already and will discuss with both DD and other half if we think this is a possibility with the time she will be home etc. and other commitments like dance that she already has. At the moment both her lessons at school are done during lunch break so she hasn't really missed any lessons, but I can see that it could have an impact if she did.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

You'll find most, if not all, the lessons are likely to be during class time. SHS certainly use some Peris to conduct lunchtime clubs. SHS do tend to move the children from week to week so they don't continually miss the same lesson, and I imagine other schools will as well.
Capers
rollercoaster

Post by rollercoaster »

Yes, I have a DS at Pates and they seem to rotate the peri-music lesson times between students so they don't always miss the same lesson. Concerning lunchtimes, they seem to be reserved for those higher up the school so their lessons are impacted less.