Britains Got Talent

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pheasantchick

Britains Got Talent

Post by pheasantchick »

I'm sure I'm not the only one watching the semi-finals.

What do you think of the acts so far?

Ronan Parks is obviously a good singer. New Bounce have improved hugely since thier audition.

However, the final doesn't haven't much variety so far. ie. two child singing acts, plus two keyboard acts.

Loved Spellbound's performance on the first semi-final and quite liked the Shrek musical number also. I wondered how well Shrek would transfer to the theatre, but it looks quite good.
Sally-Anne

Re: Britains Got Talent

Post by Sally-Anne »

Spelbound's (that single "l" really annoys me) performance was absolutely spine-tingling. It makes the rest of this year's crop look pretty pale by comparison. I was expecting great things from Enchantment after their audition, but they were absolutely terrible last night. I love Two and a Half Men, and I can't understand why the judges were so negative about them. Jean Martyn? What is that all about? She reminds me of Mrs Mills ...
doodles

Post by doodles »

Loved Two and a Half Men and also the act with the magician (where he ended up in the tank). Don't usually like magic but that was well...... magic!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I missed the results show (snoring on the sofa!!) - please tell me that two and a half men got through ( :roll: ). Not Jean...
scary mum
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Sorry, Jean got through on the judges vote, and New Bounce won outright. The magicians were third place act.
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

I don't think this years acts are all that great, I haven't been wowed by any of them really.

Ronan is very good but now that New Bounce have got through I don't think he will win.

New Bounce have improved a lot since their audition and I read somewhere that they are already professional singer/dancers as they have been in the Michael Jackson musical. Obv. it will have helped them no end by Simon bigging them up too! :roll:

I have tried to predict who would get through each night so far - first night I said Ronan and Joe (the guy on the bike), last night I said 2.5 men and David & Karen - how wrong was I???????!!!!!!!!
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Loved the bell ringers... was she expecting? or do I need to visit specsavers!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I somehow doubt it. Just a bit of a tummy. Ahem, nothing wrong with that :oops:
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now