Can anyone recommend a tutor in the Lyme Regis/Colyton area?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

GoodEnough

Can anyone recommend a tutor in the Lyme Regis/Colyton area?

Post by GoodEnough »

Hello, I'm new to the forum. We are starting to think about 11+ preparations and wondered if anyone could recommend a good tutor for general Maths and English and also for 11+ tutoring in the Lyme Regis/Colyton area.

If anyone knows of someone suitable they can recommend I would be really grateful if you could message me.

Thank you and looking forward to getting to know everyone here!
yoyo123

Re: Can anyone recommend a tutor in the Lyme Regis/Colyton a

Post by yoyo123 »

Welcome to the forum.

If anyone has any genuine recommendations then please contact GoodEnough by PM ( personal message.

Have you had a good look around the site GoodEnough? Ther is a wealth of good advice and general information.
GoodEnough

Post by GoodEnough »

Thanks yoyo123.

And yes, I have spent many many hours on the site! It has been invaluable and I'm really glad to have found it :)
nonnymouse

Post by nonnymouse »

do you actually need a tutor? Quite a few parents just buy the packs of papers and go through them with their child. You do need to make sure that they have done enough maths for the exam though.

Are you in the Woodroffe catchment are, they are also a good school.
GoodEnough

Post by GoodEnough »

I think we will get the papers and go through those but one could do with a bit of Maths tutoring and the other with a bit of English tutoring to help them before we start any official 11+ prep. I figure it will help them whichever school they go to :)

And yes, Woodroffe is our local school and both would be very happy to go there if they don't get in to Colyton.
choley

Post by choley »

Hi Goodenough

Sorry I know this post is pretty old now, but did you find a tutor in Lyme/Colyton? As we are in the same situation now.

Many thanks.
Jane69

Post by Jane69 »

Again picking up on an old thread but I would be very grateful if anyone could MD me if they can recommend a tutor for the Colyton 11+
Not sure if this is a route we'll take yet but would like to have some names to hand.
Thanks