Salad

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

zorro

Salad

Post by zorro »

In light of the situation in Germany re: salad, has anyone stopped eating salad?
My DD loves salad but most of my friends are erring on the side of caution and not letting their DC eat it at the moment.
What does everyone think?
yoyo123

Re: Salad

Post by yoyo123 »

I'm still eating it, especially as most of it is produced in this country. I grow a lot myself too
zorro

Post by zorro »

That's what I thought, surely if it is produced in this country it must be safe?
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

I'm still eating it too. I have to admit I made sure my cucumber was British grown.
Chocolatey Mum

Post by Chocolatey Mum »

yoyo123 wrote:I'm still eating it, especially as most of it is produced in this country. I grow a lot myself too
Ditto.
:D
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

sounds like they have rounded up the usual suspects and released most of them except Bean Spouts which are now appearing to be the culprit.... deffo best to grow your own !
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

They now seem to be saying that it all originated in one restaurant in northern Germany and has spread from person to person. Not quite sure how it has spread so far & wide though. I haven't even planted my veg yet so will have to keep on buying!
scary mum
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I doubt it will make more people wash their hands after the toilet though, I am amazed at how many people walk out without using the basins :twisted:
marigold

Post by marigold »

Essex grown cucumbers were buy one get one free in Tesco yesterday and I noticed new union jack packaging on a lot of the bagged salads...salad sales have obviously fallen and they are trying to reassure us. I read the labels on some of the rocket etc which did not have the union jack packaging and it all said PACKED IN THE UK ie NOT GROWN IN THE UK so I did not buy. Still waiting for my salad seeds to germinate but have just picked my first courgette. Yum.

An article in The Guardian last week suggested putting all salads in a bowl of milton and then rinsing it.
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

I am very impressed at how many of you grow your own salad stuff! Must try harder.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now