Transport from Quedgeley to HSFG

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Russellk33

Transport from Quedgeley to HSFG

Post by Russellk33 »

Evening all,

DD is due to start the HSFG in September. At the recent parents evening we were provided information on the bus services to the school.
If i have read the information correctly, there is no direct transport to the school and DD would have to catch the 12A bus from Quedgeley to the Centre of Gloucester. (This is a public service and not a bus provided by the school, which again causes me some concern). Once at the bus station she would need to walk along Kingsholm Road to the HSFG.

Does anybody else know if this is correct and if there are several girls that undertake this daily journey?

Both my husband and I work shifts and not knowing anyone else going to the HSFG in September, the route is now causing me some concern in that she is only eleven years of age and i really dont want her walking the journey alone. Particularily as the bus station does at times attract undesirable people.

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.
susiesue

Re: Transport from Quedgeley to HSFG

Post by susiesue »

A lot of girls do use the public transport as most of the school buses cater for Chelt and FOD i think. Most girls walk via London Road, past the petrol station, left into Oxford Street which leads to Oxford Road. That then takes you to the main entrance in Denmark Road.

If you are worried, maybe you could make the trip with your DD a couple of times to get her familiarised with the route.

When she starts in September, I'm sure she won't have trouble finding someone to walk with (judging by the amount of girls we see walking down Oxford Street) :wink: