Essex consortium results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Flapjack

Essex consortium results

Post by Flapjack »

Out of interest, did anyone out there who had been through the process in Essex before, have a child taking the Essex test last time around.

If so, what did you think about the results format this time? I remember that I finally got through to the CSSE on the Monday (they had been inundated with calls from parents, etc, who didn't really understand the marks) and came off the phone several minutes later no better informed.

My guess is that they might change the result format back this time.
Flapjack

Essex consortium results

Post by Flapjack »

Are all you Essexers out there first timers then?

Re: Essex consortium results

Post by Guest »

Flapjack wrote:Out of interest, did anyone out there who had been through the process in Essex before, have a child taking the Essex test last time around.

If so, what did you think about the results format this time? I remember that I finally got through to the CSSE on the Monday (they had been inundated with calls from parents, etc, who didn't really understand the marks) and came off the phone several minutes later no better informed.

My guess is that they might change the result format back this time.
I have just spoken to the CSSE and they told me that their letter this year will show your childs result for each paper and what position they came for each school you put down e.g CCHSG 100/500; Westcliff 200/700 etc. She also confirmed that while they send the letters 1st class on 6th March, the county council may send the letters 2nd class on 1st March which I find ridiculous considering by that time I will have pulled all of my hair out!
Essex mum

Post by Essex mum »

There were kids at our school last year that got their results the day after they were posted and others that had to wait over a week. It all depends on your postman. Are post is extremely unreliable where we live, who knows when we will get them. At least this year the result will be sent to the childrens school that they are currently at. I believe they will get their copy on the 1st. So if things do go astray in the post, we can as least talk to their school.

Post by Guest »

Essex mum wrote:There were kids at our school last year that got their results the day after they were posted and others that had to wait over a week. It all depends on your postman. Are post is extremely unreliable where we live, who knows when we will get them. At least this year the result will be sent to the childrens school that they are currently at. I believe they will get their copy on the 1st. So if things do go astray in the post, we can as least talk to their school.
The school won't get the results if you ticked the confidentiality bos saying you didn't want them to (whcih I did!) so I hope our postman is quick!
rr504

Post by rr504 »

I ticked the box too cos we live outside Essex, so I hope the result will be sent to our home address.

Does any one know who will send the offering letter - the LEA or the school? In my case I assume our local LEA will inform us, am I right?

Post by Guest »

rr504 wrote:I ticked the box too cos we live outside Essex, so I hope the result will be sent to our home address.

Does any one know who will send the offering letter - the LEA or the school? In my case I assume our local LEA will inform us, am I right?
I was told the LEA send the offer letter out on 1st March followed by the CSSE letter on 6th March. Seems a long time off!
Essex mum

Post by Essex mum »

Yes, it is the LEA.

i did not tick the box. As I know the problems they had last year with so many offers going missing or not being delivered for days, if not weeks. This year they introduced the idea of informing schools as a back up if this should happen again.

Post by Guest »

Essex mum wrote:Yes, it is the LEA.

i did not tick the box. As I know the problems they had last year with so many offers going missing or not being delivered for days, if not weeks. This year they introduced the idea of informing schools as a back up if this should happen again.
In some ways I wish I hadn't ticked the box, but at the time the school were being so awful about children sitting the 11+ and not chosing the feeder school and generally being unhelpful that I didn't want them to know anything about how she got on - hope I don't regret that!
Essex mum

Post by Essex mum »

To be honest, I thought about ticking the box, because I didn't want the achool to find out before we did. But after speaking to people about it, I think I made the right decision as there were so many that went missing last year, or took up to a week to arrive in the post. From speaking to friends, waiting anxiously for yoru letter is worse!