Zumba!!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

youngmum

Zumba!!

Post by youngmum »

Does anyone go to Zumba and if you do, is it worth it or is it a lot of hype!
also is it better to go to a class or buy the dvd?
DenDe

Re: Zumba!!

Post by DenDe »

Don't get me started on Zumba! I love it!!

It's the only exercise class I've attended (ever) that I've not got bored of after 2 months.

It's so much fun and great exercise and the kids find it hilarious (if not a little embarrassing) when I demonstrate my moves at home :P
youngmum

Post by youngmum »

Thanks DenDe,

I should be going to a class tomorrow. I hope i enjoy too as I like dancing.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

It's brilliant! Great fun and very energetic. My Zumba instructor reckons we burn about 800-900 calories in the hour. I never got on with aerobics but this is so different - very social and there's a real buzz in the room. In my class there is a couple of 10 year olds, teenagers, lots of us middlies, two men and a couple of more mature ladies!

I got the DVDs for Christmas, but I have only done the first 2... it's just not the same as a class. The DVDs can be bought cheaply on the internet. I think I paid about £12 for a box set and a weekly class is £5.

Do give it a go.
doodles

Post by doodles »

I went a few times and would go again if I could get DH to come home in time for me to go out. However, choose your class carefully if you've not done it before/aren't very fit. I went to one class and hated it because it was just to fast and furious, then went to a second class that was slightly more sedate and loved it.
youngmum

Post by youngmum »

Thanks for the tips. so children can join in, I think I will take my older dd as she said she wants to come but I thought it was just for adults.
DenDe

Post by DenDe »

There aren't any children in my class. Just lots of ladies of various shapes and ages, and me. (Young and sylph-like :lol: )
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

I started Zumba classes too and I enjoyed it although the people in my group were not very welcoming and I think I need to find another class where I will feel more comfortable. Does anyone know how to find classes in my area. I live in Sidcup/Bexley area
vasu

Post by vasu »

I love Zumba! I am a 16 dress size woman and I felt I wont be able to dance rather I would bounce around like bouncy ball :oops:. But bouncing or dancing , whichever one I did, it was so good. It is so much fun. yooohooo :D Everyone should give it a try.
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.