Laser surgery.

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Fran17

Laser surgery.

Post by Fran17 »

I am fed up with having two pairs of glasses and I have been thinking of having laser surgery. Has anyone had this and would you recommend it?
scarlett

Re: Laser surgery.

Post by scarlett »

My DH had his eyes 'done' a couple of years ago and apart from the occasional slight blurrring in one eye when he's tired ( nothing major ) his eyesight is now perfect ...and he was pretty blind before the procedure. I don't remember thinking it sounded horrific the actual op either..although if you're a bit of a fashionista the plastic pots you have to tape over your eyes at night for the first couple of days are not too attractive...think big blue bottle fly.....
mystery

Post by mystery »

Wearing two pairs of glasses does sound very uncomfortable. How do you fit those bits that go behind your ears?
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

I had it done 9 years ago and still have perfect 20:20 vision. Have had no problems and the op is very simple. The laser procedure in one eye took 19 seconds and in the other 24 seconds... yes I counted! I had a bit of discomfort for two days after and them perfect eye sight and no glasses.

It has saved me a fortune in contact lenses and glasses. A good tip is you can pick up discount vouchers for all the well known laser eye surgery places on ebay (money saving expert put me on to that years ago). It might be worth a look.

Good luck with what ever you decide.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

mystery wrote:Wearing two pairs of glasses does sound very uncomfortable. How do you fit those bits that go behind your ears?
Must also be awkward at the cinema with those pesky 3D films.
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Thank you everyone and for the pm I got. Great advice! I think I will be going ahead with it.

mystery and scarlett - very funny posts, did make me chuckle!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Oh I'd love to have this done - but I'm too scared :cry: :shock:

Do make sure you go to a reputable surgeon though.

............ and, you get what you pay for. There was a programme on a while ago about people (and I know someone who had it done and said this but didn't believe him until the programme - shame on me :oops: ) who paid cheaply and their eyes started to go bad again after a while, so they might as well not have bothered paying to get it done in the first place! :shock:

Let us know how you get on.
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Thanks Snowdrops, I will. I am going to go to Moorfields as I would imagine they know what they are doing.
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

I think it was This Morning which had a programme on it when P Schofield had his done. I'm sure a Google search will bring it up. I have thought about it oo but haven't had the courage yet.
SSM

Post by SSM »

I had it done a few months ago, and in all honesty I was so nervous that if I hadn't already paid for it, I would have walked out of the waiting room and gone home.

However, my only regret now is the fact that I didn't do it sooner.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now