Colyton 11+ test format

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Naulakha

Colyton 11+ test format

Post by Naulakha »

My DD will take the Colyton 11+ test in November and I am trying to find out a bit more about the test itself.

The Colyton school website explains that the 11+ test will consist of NFER/ GL - style Maths, Verbal Reasoning and English (comprehension and creative writing) but gives no details of the number of questions/ length of each paper.

Does anyone have any more information they can share?
tiredmumof2

Re: Colyton 11+ test format

Post by tiredmumof2 »

Maybe this will help you, because it is what happened last year:

There was a familiarisation session 2 weeks prior to the "real" test (which was not compulsory but which the school "strongly recommended" because it follows exactly the same format). Last year the format was VR (1hr), 80 questions, followed by maths (50 mins), 50 questions, followed by break and snack, followed by 45 mins of English (2 pieces of work). The children were allocated a room number, and took the familiarisation and real test in the same place.

There are a number of open days coming up so I'm told and I'm sure you would be able to get more information on these about the precise details for this year.

Good luck!
Naulakha

Re: Colyton 11+ test format

Post by Naulakha »

Thanks for the info- VR of 80 questions in 1 hour would be great as it is more time allowed than the GL practice papers I have (85 qs in 50 minutes) and my DD is accurate but slow at the moment.

We're planning to go to the July open day so I'll check it will be the same this year.

(Just noticed you posted at 2am- I can see why you are "Tiredmum of 2" :lol: )
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now