Sutton Mock Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mynameisbond

Sutton Mock Test

Post by mynameisbond »

Any views from any of your children on this test ? My child did it at the weekend and said the VR was tricky and time slipped away....
Clapham mum

Re: Sutton Mock Test

Post by Clapham mum »

Snap, my son only got just over halfway through the VR which surprised me as he is usually quite zippy. Suppose that is the whole point of the mock test experience! I didn't want to cross examine him too much so I am not sure if they had the VR as a separate paper with its own time allowance or whether it was the same paper as the comprehension and he didn't allocate time properly. Does anyone know how many questions the real thing will have and how long is given?
la boume

Post by la boume »

i will tell you next week, DD usually remembers everything in detail.
mynameisbond

Post by mynameisbond »

Clapham mum - don't know about the real test but my son seemed to imply there were about 45 questions and you had 25 mins to do the VR. He seemed to say it was a completely separate paper from the English
copella

Post by copella »

Hi my son took test on Saturday. He thought it all went well. He managed to finish all papers. The English one has grammar and a comprehension. He had to guess one of the English questions. He said he finished the VR and could check some of it. He finished the English just in time so was not able to check. Also note the English is mc and he thought he may not have marked the answer sheet correctly so may slip marks there. I had thought he had guessed a maths question but he said he hadn't when I checked again. He was a le to finish this and check some. He thought parts ok parts tricky but was pleased he finished. We'll have to wait and see how he did.
la boume

Post by la boume »

Hi, my DD did the Sutton mock today. It was very positive experience for her. She finished all papers and had time to check. English paper consisted of 3 parts. We parked on the school site, directed by very friendly traffic wardens. The only thing my DD was not very happy, the school hardly has any girls toilets (boys only school), so there was a huge queue.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Hi

My dd did the mock today and she managed to finish all three papers on time, having at least five minutes to check. The test compromises of Maths(standard), Verbal Reasoning(multiple choice) and English(multiple choice). Maths was 30mnts, Verbal was 25mnts for 46questions and English was 20mnts for 35questions.

All the best for others :)
QUEENMA

Post by QUEENMA »

Hi
We did the test this weekend too.DD also says the same as Tulip's dd.Feedbackwise,she thought maths was 'really' easy.She thought verbal reasoning was a 'bit' difficult.

Queenma