Can't get to Wilson's Open Night - what now?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
menagerie

Can't get to Wilson's Open Night - what now?

Post by menagerie »

My son is performing in a school show which clashes with Wilson's Open Night. I emailed the school but they don't allow school visits at other times :shock: (First school I've known to be that unapproachable, though I do understand their reasons.)
Which means he won't get to see one of the schools he's sitting exams for until summer of year 5. That seems a bit close to me. I was hoping by visiting the schools, it would give him the impetus, and also I wanted to see his reaction to them.

Any insight into life at Wilson's as a parent or pupil would be very welcome. If anyone on here put it first or last of the surrey Grammars for boys I'd love to hear why. Thank you.
vasu

Re: Can't get to Wilson's Open Night - what now?

Post by vasu »

We are going to Wilsons on the open day. Wilson is a brilliant school but I will post after the open evening, my first hand
impressions.
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
menagerie

Post by menagerie »

Thank you Vasu.
Third time round

Post by Third time round »

My DS has just sat his GCSE's at Wilson's. He has had a fabulous 5 years there. It is a very dynamic fast moving environment great for high flyers. The teaching he has received has been excellent, and he is very sporty so has enjoyed the many sporting opportunities he has been offered. I'm not sure it's such a good school for the faint hearted and have sent my sensitive not quite so academically gifted son somewhere else.
menagerie

Post by menagerie »

Thanks TTR. My husband managed to get to see it and was very impressed. he preferred it to Wallington, which we saw the following day and which I loved, except for the music dept. which seemed a bit half-hearted.

Vasu - what did you think?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now