Top gear

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
pheasantchick

Top gear

Post by pheasantchick »

Is anyone els a Top Gear widow? I used to quite enjoy it, but now I find it quite boring.
no_ball

Re: Top gear

Post by no_ball »

It must be gard to keep the quality sustained all these years.

Our Virage was reviewed this evening,
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

My son is Top Gear mad and he watches endless repeats. Some of the episodes have been good, particularly the Top Gear Specials, but now I think it's too repetitive and has 'had its day'.
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

My DS watches at least three episodes a day, it us his substitute for reading; as some if you may know, I consider reading highly overrated and would rather DS follows his own natural path.
new2me

Post by new2me »

My DS is also an addict and quotes Jeremy Clarkson like scripture. Last week, in an effort to get some educational benefit from this addiction, I bought an excellent book called Car Science by Richard Hammond. DS loves it.
daughter

Post by daughter »

DD is a Top Gear addict - and No_Ball may be interested to hear she has read (and re-read) all Jeremy Clarkson's books. She is not what I would descibe as a prolific reader in fact she is a very discerning (narrow) reader - but really enjoys his books and has even bought them with her own money!
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

Thanks for the tip, didn't occur to me as I have all his books. Will try and tempt DS to read clarkson at least.

I even tried to blackmail DS and said if he read the deathly hallows part 2 book I would take him to see the movie, that didn't work and have still booked the tickets at Think Tank!!! :?
tense

Post by tense »

One thing I like about Top Gear is that the four of us watch it together (DD is 14 & DS 10) although I wouldn't watch it if I was the only one in :D

I think the only other thing we all like is the Apprentice.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Both sons and OH totally addicted.

DS1 had his appendix removed a couple of years ago. Whilst most of the childrens' ward had their bedside TV's tuned to CBBC, I had to put up with non stop Top Gear on Dave for 3 days - never watched it since!
Doblinski

Post by Doblinski »

We all love Top Gear in our house esp DS who watches endless repeats. I realise whole programme is managed and set -up etc but i dont care as it's often laugh out loud funny. I esp like the Robin Reliant episode, the stretch limo one was Fab too, and I loved Jeremy in that little wee car in the lift with Fiona Bruce at the Beeb,classic Tv.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now