Best place to buy name label/tapes???

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Novice

Best place to buy name label/tapes???

Post by Novice »

Hi There

I need to stock up again on Name Labels for my DS for September. I have tried various types of these now, none of which have been very good, has anyone got any suggestions as to where is best to order these from so they last a decent length of time???

Many thanks.
andyb

Re: BEST PLACE TO BUY NAME LABEL/TAPES????

Post by andyb »

I use "easy2name" iron on woven name tapes for clothes (they can be sewn on if the item can't be ironed) and they are the first I have found that don't come off in the wash. The printed iron on tapes are no good as they peel off in the washing machine.

For lunch boxes, shoes, drinks bottles, sports equipment, books etc I use their stick on labels - they stay on even through the dishwasher.

HTH
Novice

Post by Novice »

Thanks Andyb

I will give them a go!

Mx
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Can buy iron-on ones from Marks and Spencers, ask at the school uniform section, they print them there and then

I have had problems in the past, as my husband and I hyphenated our surnames when we married, so our 3 children have quite long names.

Some label makers only have 18 spaces on one line, so I have to find labels which have 2 lines, to fit in a 16 lettered surname, plus first name.

I get iron-on labels and stick-on labels from ebay. Just type 'personalised labels' into the search box, and hey presto, lots of different designs/colours/styles to have a shufti at!
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

I get my labels from 'cash'.
new2me

Post by new2me »

I've found nameitlabels to be fantastic. They're made from a plastic material, iron on and stay on. I have five year old school jumpers with the name still attached.
mother night

Post by mother night »

I ditto the 'easytoname' site as they have so much variety. I went for the sew on, printed in a lovely colour in a pretty font which my daughter could choose (spot the yr 7 enthusiasm 'doing it the hard way'), I had had problems with iron on types from M&S; some lasted well but most washed off. I also liked the sticker names that 'easytoname' sell for shoes and calculators etc- very useful- also a variety of colour options that could fit any uniform policy. I also thought they were efficient and not too expensive.

MN
rachag

Post by rachag »

A thread on here about 18 months ago recommended label planet - stick on labels that are washable and come in bundles of various sizes - inc suitable for shoes. I bought these and, together with a sharpie pen and a name stamp, all labelling done in 20 mins for senior school. The personalized name stamp has its own supply of ink inside and was from the big stationery shop that is red and white and sounds like bent metal to hold paper together. About (?) £10. Good on shirt fabric, lab coats but can 'bleed' on ribbony feel, shiny type labels inside some items.
Most labels can be torn off or cut out by the determined but a permanent ink (sharpie or stamp as above) cannot be removed.
drummer

Post by drummer »

rachag wrote:A thread on here about 18 months ago recommended label planet - stick on labels that are washable and come in bundles of various sizes - inc suitable for shoes.
These were recommended to me but I am afraid to say I am not impressed with them so far and don't find them to be very durable
rachag

Post by rachag »

Some have prongs to wrap around the inner label of clothes. Stuck for me for 2 x children for an academic year so far and have not come off and show no sign of doing so. Combining lack of effort and price, they seem fine so far for me.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now