SATS results

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ernestcyril

SATS results

Post by ernestcyril »

Well I, for one, am extremely pleased. If she keeps this up we might start to think she really is a bit clever! :wink:
drummer

Re: SATS results

Post by drummer »

?
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Your school must be a bit keen ernestcyril - the papers have only just been returned. Most parents don't hear anything until later in the year.

Creative writing marks seems to be causing most angst this year http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-14028041" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2011 KS2 thresholds http://www.qcda.gov.uk/assessment/3880.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ernestcyril

Post by ernestcyril »

Well, all the local primary schools around here that I'm aware of gave out the results yesterday and they were available nationally online (obviously not with individual scores and names), so I think all the schools will have them by now. We're happy anyway . :)
magwich2

Post by magwich2 »

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but with KS2 sats its really a question of being horrified if they don't do well in these VERY elementary tests after more than 6 years of full time education.
katel

Post by katel »

And the other thing to remember - THEY DON"T MATTER!!!!!!!!
ernestcyril

Post by ernestcyril »

Crikey, how miserable. Well we've told her well done because she worked hard and believes in doing her best whether something matters or not. We're proud even if you lot aren't!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Ernestcyril - sorry if we are a grumpy lot over SATS but years of junior and senior education watching have made us realise that, while it may be encouraging to get say all 5s, it is a score is gained by so many kids (many of whom will not pass the 11 plus ) that it really loses it sparkle.

My DS did the SATS without knowing what they were and did no specific work for it, while DD did not do them at all - has made no difference to either of them at senior school.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Hi ernestcyril , well done to your daughter...not sure where this thread started, but I'm assuming she has scored level 5s. Although as Herman says , it may not be significant as her education goes on ( don't worry about that lot..it's their age :P ) it is significant for your daughter because it shows she has a good work ethic and will do wonders for her confidence. :)
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

scarlett wrote:Hi ernestcyril ,. Although as Herman says , it may not be significant as her education goes on ( don't worry about that lot..it's their age :P )
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :wink: now whatever happened to that nice Mr Cowper, Vice-President of the Committee of the Council on Education.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now