Induction days Tomorrow

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pheasantchick

Induction days Tomorrow

Post by pheasantchick »

Several children I know are having induction days in different schools so I'm wondering if its a regional Kent induction day tomorrow.

My son is having his induction day tomorrow and is excited about it, tinged with a few nerves. I hope it all goes well. Suddenly the year 6's all look so grown up, and seemed to be swaggering with confidence at being the eldest in the school. Being the youngest again will soon put them in their place!

How is everyone else coping? Its odd to think that this time last year we were contemplating a summer of revision, and getting increasingly panicky as the September exam date loomed.
twinkles

Re: Induction days Tomorrow

Post by twinkles »

My son's school have their induction week this week - it's not a grammar school. The two local grammars induction days are next week.
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

tomorrow is generally known as 'move up' day in lots of schools in kent and it happens every year at this time.
It starts as low down as my Preschoolers who have a taster morning in their primary school and in turn all the primary classes move up to their next years class for a few hours.The year sixes go to their secondary schools!!! Sound like chaos but it seems to work :lol:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

My son is off to his induction day tomorrow..he's a bit nervous but says he's also quite excited and pleased to be at last meeting the boys in his form.On the other hand I'm feeling stressed because instead of dumping them all at the same school gates at the bottom of our road at nearly 9 am I've got to get them all off early to different places for the same time.....still it's all change now...the good times are over !
Blue Peter

Post by Blue Peter »

tonbridgemum wrote:tomorrow is generally known as 'move up' day in lots of schools in kent and it happens every year at this time.
It starts as low down as my Preschoolers who have a taster morning in their primary school and in turn all the primary classes move up to their next years class for a few hours.The year sixes go to their secondary schools!!! Sound like chaos but it seems to work :lol:

Well I never, I didn't realise it was the same all over Kent!! - the same is going on at our village primary tomorrow too!! Including the kindergarten kids coming to visit too. You learn something every day. :D :wink:
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

yes, it is county-wide we call it 'Transition day' and everyone moves up a year, to meet their new teachers, it works amazingly well ( except this year where Y6 teacher is on a headship course and her new class get to meet ME!)
dottie1974

Post by dottie1974 »

Must be Ashford area that is different then!! 4 schools that I know of here are having a 2 day induction next week. We like to be different here!!
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Blue Peter wrote:
tonbridgemum wrote:tomorrow is generally known as 'move up' day in lots of schools in kent and it happens every year at this time.

Well I never, I didn't realise it was the same all over Kent!! -
Same here, we got an email from DD school that kids staying in the school will get to meet their new teachers tomorrow. I didn't realise it was a county wide thing.

Induction for secondary school seem a bit different though. In our school more than half the cohort had theirs yesterday. My DD doesn't have any induction, she will just have to face it all up on the first day.
Impossible is Nothing.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Just dropped my son off at his new school...he was literally rocking back and forth in the car looking as if he was going to be sick from nerves :( When we reached the school I spoke briefly with a teacher and when I turned round a sixth former had ushered him in and I didn't even say goodbye ! I'm just hoping he will be full of it when I pick him up and met some nice boys.He is quite excited about buying his own lunch. :D
Blue Peter

Post by Blue Peter »

Hi - He'll be fine!! My son who is now in Yr 7 went from a small village primary to a new secondary where he know no-one in his year. Lots are in the same position and the schools deal with this very well by having inductions, trips etc. I can't believe the transformation from a really shy Yr 6 boy last year, to a really confident and independent Yr 7 boy. The transformation is incredible.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now