How did this happen?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chardom

How did this happen?

Post by chardom »

Have just received a letter from DS's school which had a covering letter regarding 2011/2012 fees and when I pulled out the bill it was addressed to another family for their son's junior school fees. I assume that this family have received my fee bill for DS who is in senior school. Our surnames begin with the same letter, but are not in any way similar. This has made me rather cross as I assume that this other family now know quite a few of my financial details regarding my son's bursary and my bank account details as set out on the direct debit sheet, which tells them how much is coming out of my account and giving the account number for me to confirm my details are correct. :shock: You would think they have systems in place for checking and double checking this sort of thing.
Am going into school in the morning to sort this out but am wondering how much fuss I should make as I don't want it to look like I'm making a mountain out of a molehill. Any thoughts?
Snowdrops

Re: How did this happen?

Post by Snowdrops »

Personally, I'd be absolutely livid about it, apart from the bursary details, there's all your banking details.

I don't know what can be done about it, have you any clear thoughts in your head what you'd like your outcome to be?

I shouldn't bother with the admin staff/financial staff/bursar, I'd go straight for the head and let him/her know your exact thoughts about what's happened, and what you expect to be done/recompense (if any?).
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

I agree with Snowdrops, much better to go straight to the headteacher or deputy head. I know mistakes can be made, but this may have future consequences for you and, whoever was responsible for this error, should be spoken to. I think it would be a good idea to speak with your Bank and ask them for their advice as well. Good luck.
chardom

Post by chardom »

Thanks for your advice. Have made an appointment to see the deputy head tomorrow (head gone to France on a jolly- sorry for a meeting!!)
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

very annoying but TBH your bank details are fully available any time you give someone a cheque... ie sort code / account name and account number.

My concern would be that they have had a more signicant botch up in putting stuff in enevlopes and actually there are multiple errors around - I had similar with extra payments at work - invoices being sent out for us to sign and return for payment into the bank... except they sent them all to the wrong people :roll: - in the end we had to just pretend we hadn't seen it :oops:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now