chance of getting the call from bucks schools for outsiders

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mariare

chance of getting the call from bucks schools for outsiders

Post by mariare »

Hi,
I want to apply for any 2 of Bucks schools for 2012 entry. We live in Hillingdon borough which is way beyond any of the schools' catchment area. Can anybody please tell me which schools have realistic chances of considering students outside catchment area provided the student has attained a really good score? I rang up the Admission Team, but they were reluctant to name any school.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Mariare
drummer

Re: chance of getting the call from bucks schools for outsid

Post by drummer »

Bucks schools are not 'super selective'. Your child either passes and therefore qualifies or they don't. The pass mark has been 121 for years and all children who acheive 121 or above are considered equal.

Qualified children are considered for entry using regular admissions critera such as siblings, catchment, distance from school etc.

The allocation profile for each school, ie how many children wanting places they were able to take and from how far away can change radically from year to year, hence the Admission Team's inability to help you
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

As Drummer says, all the child needs to do is score 121 and then satisfy the admissions criteria for the school.

You can view past Allocation Profiles here: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... n-profiles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chesham Grammar is probably your best bet, depending on transport links from where you live. Alternatively you could try for Burnham Grammar. It so happens that Dr Challoners boys went as far as Northwood this year, but that was probably a blip caused by a sudden change in their admission rules. I wouldn't count on that Profile being repeated in future.
mariare

Post by mariare »

Thanks a lot for the replies. I guess I will go for those two schools.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now