Any thoughts with regards to SWGG ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wiltshire (Wilts)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
3pink

Any thoughts with regards to SWGG ?

Post by 3pink »

I cannot find an ofsted report on it recently not that they are the be all and end all, the results don't strike me as speculator either do people locally rate it highly ?
Many thanks
hermanmunster

Re: Any thoughts with regards to SWGG ?

Post by hermanmunster »

2007 is the most recent I can find :

http://www.educationadviser.co.uk/ofste ... hool-girls" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mattsurf

Re: Any thoughts with regards to SWGG ?

Post by mattsurf »

SWGG is pretty well thought of locally. League tables and results can be very misleading, a far better measure of success is the number of students going to top universities. A school can chase high league tables by putting students in for lots of "easy" A levels (and GCSE's) - an A grade in Media studies carries the same points as an A grade in Maths.... however, universities are not so easily fooled, and they will offer a place to a student who achieves good A and AS levels in 4 traditonal subjects rather than one who achieves 6or 8 A and AS levels in less well regarded subjects.

One good, well documented example of this is at Bishop Wordsworth School, where the school achieved the top result in the country for the new GCSE's league tables which must include 5 core subjects English, mathematics, science, languages and humanities, yet on the league tables based on accumulated points it is in 150th place because easy subjects are not offered

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/le ... jects.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now