travel to stretford grammar?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
josepea

travel to stretford grammar?

Post by josepea »

Hi,

Does anybody know how far pupils travel to get to Stretford grammar? We live on the very far edge of Stretford and as their admission policy is "as the crow flies" I wondered what the chances of d.s getting in.
Thanx

Jospea
TIDDLYMUM

Re: travel to stretford grammar?

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Hi

pretty sure you will be ok. Stretford admit from some distance away and certainly out of Stretford.

Hope this helps
josepea

Post by josepea »

Thanks for the reassurance, I guess I just feel restless and a bit down on my luck. We are 2 miles from Stretford Grammar as the crow flies. I will have to wait until March, like everybody else...

Josepea
feelinsad

Post by feelinsad »

Hi,
Have just been told by my dd that they have pupils from prestwich in her year -Yr7.

We live in Urmston which is not in the immediate catchment area and there are pupils from Sale and Chorlton (manchester LEA).

Good luck and fingers crossed.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

HiFeelinsad!!!

Been thinking about you, hows your daughter getting on and how are you yourself x
josepea

Post by josepea »

feelinsad wrote:Hi,
Have just been told by my dd that they have pupils from prestwich in her year -Yr7.

We live in Urmston which is not in the immediate catchment area and there are pupils from Sale and Chorlton (manchester LEA).

Good luck and fingers crossed.
Hi Feelinsad,

When I first came across this website (only about 4 weeks ago), I followed a lot of your posts. You seem like an amazing woman, totally inspiring. I too wanted my ds to go to Urmston as it is nearer to us than Stretford. I was gutted when he failed to pass outright for Urmston. Furthermore, he failed to reach the review stage by two marks. Unlike your d.s though, I knew we didn't have any extenuiating circumstances and so didn't appeal. My ds failed three exams and passed Stretford. I almost didn't apply to Stretford-husband persuaded me. I've had to swallow my pride. I was just relieved that I could tell my son that he had passed! Now I find myself just hoping he gets offered a place. How is your daughter finding Stretford ?

Josepea
josepea

Post by josepea »

My child has acccepted a place at Stretford Grammar. Interestingly, they are only accepting from a 2.5mile radius from the school this year, according to the Head's speach. He said, 3 years ago they were accepting from a 10mile radius. I wonder if other schools are facing similar situations? I think the economic climate has meant slightly less opting for indie schools and a greater pressure on grammar school places.

Josepea
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now