What kind of schoolbag is trendy these days?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Lucy J

What kind of schoolbag is trendy these days?

Post by Lucy J »

Hope you don't mind me posting this here, as it's not, strictly speaking, an 11+ question, but I thought someone here might know.

Anyway, my niece has asked for a new bag for school for her birthday. She'll be starting secondary in September... anyone got any idea what kind of thing would be a good choice? I'm afraid I have very little idea as to what an 11-year-old girl might consider to be cool.
mystery

Re: What kind of schoolbag is trendy these days?

Post by mystery »

Oh so tricky. Get her to choose it when she has seen what the others have got; does she have a taster day this term?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

A recent thread might give you some ideas...

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 43&t=20947" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
Lucy J

Post by Lucy J »

Thanks for your responses. Looking at the thread linked to.... well, I didn't realise it was quite such a potential minefield!

Thing is, I don't see said niece that often (she's in Bristol area) and her mum is of the type who likes actual presents to be given for birthdays rather than cash/vouchers to pay for things. I guess I will either have to ask for more specific instructions than "a trendy schoolbag" or suggest something else altogether. (And now I come to think of it, I only have her mum's word that she actually wants a school bag for her birthday at all...)
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Make sure it has a zip, and is big enough (and strong enough) to carry several text books and exercise books plus a lunch. You have a choice of rucksack (prob more yr 7) or a messenger bag (any age) or a huge handbag type style (more year 9+).
Also make sure it is waterproof.
Happy shopping :)
omg

Post by omg »

i think that the paper chase (stationery shop) bags are quite in at the mo... :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now