Cleaning ovens

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Looking for help

Cleaning ovens

Post by Looking for help »

I have just spent the majority of my day off cleaning the oven. It now looks a little bit better, but not much given the amount of time I've spent on it :evil:

I have toyed with the idea of getting someone in to do it, but have never done it so far. Can anyone tell me if it is worth the money, and does your oven look like new again?

Thanks
Sally-Anne

Re: Cleaning ovens

Post by Sally-Anne »

Looking for help wrote:Can anyone tell me if it is worth the money, and does your oven look like new again?
Definitely, and yes! I will never clean another oven as long as I live. The first time they came out the chap didn't actually say so, but I think my oven was about the worst he had ever seen. :oops: Now I get them in once a year and it stays pretty clean.

The folks I use are a national franchise called Ovenclean - they are here about an hour or so and charge somewhere around £40.00 from memory. All the chemicals are environmentally friendly and are fume free.
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

A fastidious friend moved last year and was horrified to find the oven in the house was filthy and looked uncleanable, so was going to spend £100s on a new one.
She found a man-who-cleans-ovens from the local paper adverts and he came to rescue her. She paid a fixed fee of £55 for the cleaning which took 3.5 hours and included the oven shelves as well. She was astonished at the results as all the burnt on stuff was gone, only leaving a few really stubborn stains.
Well worth the price she says!
Looking for help

Sounds like I've been wasting my time then for all these years :lol:

I might be embarrassed though at someone seeing the state of the oven, so now it is fractionally cleaner than it was before I might get them in soon, before it gets ridiculous again. The prices you have both quoted seem reasonable, when I consider how much of my time it has taken, and how worn out I am after all that scrubbing. Yuk !
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Honestly it's the one thing I really really do not mind paying someone else to do. And, Sally Anne, I think mine was the worst ever the first time I had it cleaned. I couldn't believe what it looked like afterwards. I used to use the same company as S-A but now use someone who worked for them & branched out on his own. He also pops the barbecue grill in his cleaning trays for me. :)
scary mum
Looking for help

Ah now that would be great. Our BBQ takes a lot of work as well, although strictly not my department.

I will make a few calls in the morning. That is what I'm good at, not this cleaning malarkey :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now