Harry Potter Fever

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
no_ball

Harry Potter Fever

Post by no_ball »

Off to see Harry Potter tonite in 3D at the think Tank? Anyone else going? Final treat for DS from last year's bribe's to get through 11+!! I need a second job! Anyone need tutoring? :lol: £40/hr can't be bad, even I'll give it a go!
vasu

Re: Harry Potter Fever

Post by vasu »

We will go next Friday. Feeling very nostalgic.
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

feels like the end of a chapter...
push-pull-mum

Post by push-pull-mum »

Ex DH and I went to see the first HP film together when DD was a toddler - it was the first time we left her with a sitter. Now she's off to secondary school and even her little brother is reading the books.

Feeling old. :(
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

I seem to be the only person who has never been near a Potter book or movie :oops:

However I really like Emma Watson, she is my sort of girl.
Impossible is Nothing.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

I love the books but after Hp4; haven't enjoyed the films. Imho, D Yates has been a lame HP director and ruined the plot especially for hp6. :cry: Still, finales have their charm.

Anyhow, Ds1 and his pals are keen: plan to get changed at school and head off to the cinema from Kech on the last day of term to see it.

no_ball

Post by no_ball »

just got back from brum imax, hp7 truest pic to the book!! a must see finale!! Awesome, chave-ist part of the evening was when part of the audience started clapping at the end of the movie....cringe worthy!!
doodles

Post by doodles »

DS1 and a few friends went to see it on Friday afternoon straight from school. Bit sad really but DS2 has now "discovered" Harry and is bringing it all alive again.....
solimum

Post by solimum »

In Cineworld Touchwood the applause and cheers were during the battle, when Mrs Weasley uttered the famous "not my daughter, b***h" before zapping the evil Bellatrix. Good to see Voldemort finally disintegrate into 3d dandruff too.

I was in tears at the end- probably due to seeing those not-quite-teenagers-any-more as parents. I bought the first HP book for my DS1 when he was ten (before it was famous! - recommendation from Red House Books) and watched the last film with my DD aged 17 - HP has truly framed my "parenting teenagers" years and it feels like the end of an era for me too
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

I hd a lovely evening on Friday, everybody else went to see HP, and I had peace and quiet for once :D

I have never taken to the books or the films, although we always had to buy more than one copy of each as they came out to keep the children happy.

My oldest also discovered HP before it was famous, and he and my older daughter were always in competition to read them and finish first. My third is a bit like me, although was looking forward to the film.

The youngest is truly obsessed, and I am hoping now that he's seen the film, he can finally move on.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now