Decking - has anyone done this?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
WorriedRuby

Decking - has anyone done this?

Post by WorriedRuby »

Hi,

I would like to know views on Decking, is it better than patio?

thanks
scarlett

Re: Decking - has anyone done this?

Post by scarlett »

We have decking which I love because you can just walk straight out in bare feet and it's nice and clean....I like those American houses with verandas though, so maybe I'll get myself a rocking chair too ..might draw the line at those fly screen doors though.

Dh hates it and every year threatens to pull it all up and put down paving...yuk..all that moss and weeds .
doodles

Post by doodles »

We have an Indian style Yorkstone which is brilliant love it, no moss and any weeds in the joins are easily pulled up. DH laid it all on his little own!

Like decking too but find it does get a bit slippy.

Thinks it is just personal preference really and what suits your garden best.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Sorry - I thought you were talking about that craze where people lie flat and get their photo taken. Then I realized that the word is "planking". :oops:
Marylou
zorro

Post by zorro »

Me too!! :lol: :oops: :oops:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Oh..you two..keep up ! The latest craze is...well, can't remember but looks like you are squatting on the floor.

Just gone off my decking as it's like an ice rink this morning after all that rain.
mad?

Post by mad? »

We had decking and got rid of it...we had the apparently not uncommon problem of more than one (insert three letter word for an animal not dissimilar to a mouse but much much much bigger) living underneath it. I could hear 'them' when ever I walked on it and eventually decided against going into the back garden as it was all so hideous. The *** catcher came round and as soon as he saw the decking told us to get rid of it as the only long term solution. We did and with the aid of the local cat who laid out the bodies as trophies on the lawn every morning for a week are now completely rodent free. Still scarred though and would never have it again.
mad?
Thingsbehindthesun

Post by Thingsbehindthesun »

My neighbours have decking and it does look really nice and seems to be low maintenance, but it wouldn't suit our garden. :lol:
Last edited by Thingsbehindthesun on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
;D
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Remember reading a few weeks ago that decking is now going "out of fashion"!!. Apparently, it was all the rage when Alan Titchmarch was doing his garden make over series with Tommy and crew. Nowadays, its back to patios!!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Now here's a question, what's the difference between a patio and a terrace? Does a terrace have to have a view?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now