appeals presentation

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

abigail

appeals presentation

Post by abigail »

My daughter's appeal hearing is this week, berkshire and due to non-qualification. There is a part where I can put questions to the chair of governors, but I wasn't sure whether this was an appropiate question. I know the school in question has had to take on extra staff to help children who have passed but are not at a good standard for their basic core subjects. My friend actually works there and has siad that the school is beginning to think on the lines that the 11 plus exam is not a good indication of a child's ability as so many have been tutored. Do you think hat I could ask their opinion on how tutoring is affecting the abilities of some children as they are being tutored just to pass. Incidently my daughter did not recieve any tutoring mainly because of her having medical problems. Thank you
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

No I would not ask this - focus on your child.
Guest400

Post by Guest400 »

hello Guest 55, I am struggling to think of "good" questions to ask the Panel at the appeal, can you think of any? Many thanks
Worried Mum

Grammar School Appeal

Post by Worried Mum »

Hello Guest400,
I'm in the same boat and struggling, I'm afraid to say anything apart from answering their questions, for fear of incriminating myself!! If you think of anything good let me know!!
Guest400

Post by Guest400 »

will do! It's all a bit consuming isn't it. My appeal is going to be either the 21st or 22nd May, I am not holding out much hope as the school I am appealing for didn't let anyone through last year. Am praying for a miracle now! When is your appeal?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Guest400 wrote:I am struggling to think of "good" questions to ask the Panel at the appeal ............
See Q&As, B9.

Regards
Etienne
jenny wren

Post by jenny wren »

Thank you Etienne :D

Jenny
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now