NVR in KEGS exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sss

NVR in KEGS exam

Post by sss »

Hi
I am slightly confused as what do at this stage in NVR for my DS who is in Year 4. We are currently on the Bond books second papers but are finding these quite easy to be honest. Should we jump to the Bond third or even fourth papers or maybe mix it up with a different publisher i.e. AE tuition NVR books 1 & 2 etc?
Any suggestions please?
Thanks
sss
no_ball

Re: NVR in KEGS exam

Post by no_ball »

Personally I found the correct level for my DS when his marks dropped to around 55-50%. I knew then that extra tips and techniques would have to be practiced (I self tutored my DS). No point spending too long with those books acheiving 90%+ as this is a false security. Work your way up making sure foundations are firm. Also I left the bond books about 8 months prior to his first grammar test and started on a variety of papers. On the hardest papers we did, I clearly remember one evening when we cracked the method for solving particular sections of the NVR, this will happen in most cases, patience is the key.
sophmum

Re: NVR in KEGS exam

Post by sophmum »

Stick to the bond books.Move up to third and fourth papers they are definetly more challenging than the a.e tuition books :wink:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now