Rioting....?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
vasu

Rioting....?

Post by vasu »

I am horrified by the images of the burning buildings and cars. Rioters as young as 10 looting the stores. Do you thing it is going to spread like wild fire? What if it spreads to your area? What will you do? Really scared now. :(
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
doodles

Re: Rioting....?

Post by doodles »

Watching the BBC News Channel at the moment and apparently it has spread up to Birmingham and down to Lewisham and Croydon. The pictures are both frightening and sad. What is going on?
Thingsbehindthesun

Post by Thingsbehindthesun »

I think there is a chance it might spread in slightly more deprived areas with high levels of unemployment.

To be honest I did just a police siren wailing from the second floor. I was worried-my car insurance ran out yesterday and seeing signs of burning cars didn't ease my worry! There were police cars located near the tricycle theatre which was slightly reasuring but I brought my cat in early today.

I needed to buy some items so was down Kilburn high street,at around 7.30 but there were already large groups of people wearing hoods walking down the street. :shock: Sainsburys closed early as did nearly all shops in that area, including the tesco express that had a broken window-so no shopping done :x

My daughters have a trip to Hampton court palace tomorrow but my wife is apprehensive about letting them go...
;D
Thingsbehindthesun

doodles wrote:Watching the BBC News Channel at the moment and apparently it has spread up to Birmingham and down to Lewisham and Croydon. The pictures are both frightening and sad. What is going on?
My wife is doing the exact same thing!

It has also now spread to Ealing,with the shopping centre being burnt apparently.
;D
vasu

Post by vasu »

We live in Harrow. I am afraid it will trickle down here in-spite of police presence. Where is the Army and tanks!!!!!
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
Thingsbehindthesun

Some young kids ran down the street followed by two officers.I also saw the people next door peeking behind thier curtains.

I do think the police need some help.There are just so many people out there, inorder to deal with everything that's going on..
;D
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Found out on Twitter that they have looted most shops like JD Sports but they haven't touched bookstores. It just sums up the level of intelligence these criminals have.
Impossible is Nothing.
la boume

Post by la boume »

They will not loot bookstores, but set fire on it. Horrifying and very very sad. Tears in my eyes.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

My daughters have a trip to Hampton court palace tomorrow but my wife is apprehensive about letting them go...
I don't want OH or DS to go to Edgbaston on Friday and Saturday, but I have a feeling that my concerns will be ignored.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I really feel for any of you who live in London....it is terrifying and so scary to think that this sort of tension and behaviour is just bubbling below the surface.

As for the army going in, I did ask DH why couldn't that happen...and he said personally he would be straight in there with the water cannons ( although of course an innocent bystander would bound to be hurt...why would you stand there watching anyway ?) but apparently it is human rights territory again .Still, COBRA is going into action today, so lets hope something is done.I can't bear the smug faces of all the looters. My husband is polishing his boots , in anticipation . :)