Maths exercise book

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

no_ball

Maths exercise book

Post by no_ball »

Just passing on another tip for those parents whose kids are sitting ke foundation tests in a 7 weeks time, it was a junior maths book by hillard. We worked through each chapter and the variety of maths problems was very helpful.
reeyah

Re: Maths exercise book

Post by reeyah »

no_ball wrote:Just passing on another tip for those parents whose kids are sitting ke foundation tests in a 7 weeks time, it was a junior maths book by hillard. We worked through each chapter and the variety of maths problems was very helpful.

Thanks for the tip but please stop scaring first time parents! The examinations are just over 11 weeks away.. Nearly choked reading '7 weeks' ;-)
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

My DS took Stratford Grammar for boys test in first week in October last year as a look see type test.

One piece of advice I remember was wherever possible make sure the school your DC wants to get into is, it's test is not the first one they sit. I think I posted this some time ago too.

Therefore, 7 weeks still stands. :wink:
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

no_ball wrote:My DS took Stratford Grammar for boys test in first week in October last year as a look see type test.

One piece of advice I remember was wherever possible make sure the school your DC wants to get into is, it's test is not the first one they sit. I think I posted this some time ago too.

Therefore, 7 weeks still stands. :wink:
Yep, the Stratford test is 1st October. My DS will be sitting that too, just so he can see what the KE will be like and hopefully scare him into studying a bit more ;-). Have taken a look at the books u recommended, definately look interesting. Maths is my DS's weakest subject so I may get one of these. Which one would u recommend? Book 2? ( he's level 4A SATs, but lower in teacher assessments, think 4b or c ). Thanks!
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

I don't know anything about book 2, I bought and worked tough book 3. Maths is my sons strong area. If you can afford it, buy both possibly.
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

Hmmmm, thank u. Looks like I'll need book 2, and get book 3 if DS hasn't passed out looking through that one :-/
Thanks for the advice :-)
um

Post by um »

6 weeks and 4 days to the Warks exam

12 weeks and 4 days to the Bham exam

:D
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

I stand corrected, less than 7 weeks for Stratford exam; good luck everyone
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

On the subject of time remaining: a friend's offspring has just announced that they'd like to take the exam. Child was offered the opportunity at a much more appropriate time from a preparation point of view, but wasn't interested then. Presumably has just discovered that school friends are all taking it. What would your advice be? Easily clever enough to pass in normal circumstances, but what do you reckon the chances are from a standing start with less than three months to go?

Mike
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

Intensive tutoring won't be an issue, child will be motivated at this late stage, nothing to lose really. I would say give it a go!!