Hall Green School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
reeyah

Hall Green School

Post by reeyah »

Hi again !

Does anyone have children ,or know of any, that attend Hall Green secondary? I would really appreciate some personal views :-).

Thanks !
reeyah

Re: Hall Green School

Post by reeyah »

Seriously no-one knows any personal stories on Hall Green School??! Oh well, I'll post my opinion end of next year !! ( of course i'd rather be writing about one of the KE's instead !!)
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

It got a favourable (but brief) mention from um a few months back when someone was enquiring about moving to Birmingham. I don't think anyone's got first hand knowledge though.

Mike
um

Post by um »

It is a very small school, therefore has a tiny 'catchment' area and is one of the most exclusive comprehensives in Bham.

It had always had a good reputation, and recently, the results have been improving year-on-year and were very good last year.

I'll bite the bullet here and say that I've noticed that quite a few 'white' families in Hall Green are opting for Light Hall as Hall Green School slowly becomes majority 'Asian'. I see this as unfortunate and unnecessary. But that is a long philosophical argument for another day.

I would imagine that many of the 'top' pupils in the Hall Green area are creamed off by the Grammars - Camp Hill being quite local, and green buses do run from the area to Five Ways and Aston. I know of a few Hall Green based pupils taking the trains to the Sutton Grammars too. Any results do need to be seen in that context.

The last Ofsted can be read on the Ofsted website, but as with all Ofsted reports, cannot be taken as gospel - it can be influenced by the inspector/weather as much as the charisma of the Head and Chair of governors.
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

Thank u Mike and Um..!

Um, I just love your honest reply, it's really made my day! Lol, I fully agree, I can 'see' the change of colour of the pupils who walk past my house. Totally agree with u, it's so unfortunate to see that. It's always fantastic to see a good mix of colours and cultures at any given school.

I've never considered BV for my son as I see it as too far from Hall Green. Many moons ago I went to Sutton Girls ( where I was more or less the only Asian), so my son going to BV would be lovely really. I must get on that train and see the journey for myself ! Camp Hill seems out of the question ( think u read my post on leukaemia? ), although a few years ago CH is the school I could easily have aimed for for my DS.

I've never relied fully on Ofsted reports, which is why I put the question here. Thanks again Um!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now