Primary Schools in Thorpe Bay

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ipswich mom

Primary Schools in Thorpe Bay

Post by ipswich mom »

Hi Everyone
Can anyone please guide me through primary schools in southend. Our move to Southend is finally happening in a month's time but I am in a total dilemma as all the top schools in Southend have no places in Year 6 for my DS.
All the good schools in thorpe bay and leigh on sea have no places and we are left with very few ok schools at the moment. I went through all the borough schools ofsted report and started panicking.

We were looking in Thorpe bay, Eastwood and Leigh on sea. Can anyone please how r Edwards Hall Junior School and Thorpedene Junior Schools are? Those schools have places for Year 6 at the moment?
and also can anyone suggest if we live in a school catchment area, what r the chances of getting into it if the school is overly subscribed?

Thanks and Regards
Ipswich mom (soon to be a southend mom)
moved

Re: Primary Schools in Thorpe Bay

Post by moved »

Greenways and Bournes Green in Thorpe Bay. Bournes Green is heavily oversubscribed and living on the doorstep rather than in catchment is the best way to get a place as places are offered on distance from school.
ipswich mom

Post by ipswich mom »

Thank you very much for replying... ya those two schools have no places at the moment but as u say we found a property which is quite close by to bournes green so fingers crossed. btw do u have any idea about thorpedene school?is it ok school?
sargul

Post by sargul »

Is home school not a option? It depends on your child to be honest and what you expect from a school. Some children can go any school and excel in education.. If the schools are not what you want from a school and you can stay at home I would home school till you get child in the school that suits your child needs.
Morgan0210

Post by Morgan0210 »

Hi, I recently moved to thorpe bay :-) it's a lovely area! My daughter is going into yr 4 and was lucky to get a place at greenways we are 2roads away though! Have you rung the schools direct to ask if places are available as when I contacted council there wernt very helpful! I believe you cam lodge an appeal if you are not offered a place and as you child is in ks2 they are allowed to exceed 30 per class but you would need a good reason for appeal not just I want your school as I think it's the best iynwim! Good luck with your move x
ipswich mom

Post by ipswich mom »

Thank you for your valuable replies and advice.. After so many months of stress n panic, we are fnally moving by this month end. The council has put us of from trying catchment area of greenways as they said it will be very difficult to get into. As my DS has 1 year in primary we opted for Earls Hall Junior School and went for a house under this catchment school So fingers crossed and hopefully he will get a place there or we are planning to appeal.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now