Gl pack 2

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

blue lagoon

Gl pack 2

Post by blue lagoon »

Hi guys ,
My DS is struggling with gl assessment pack 2.even I find it difficult ,some of them are impossible too.can anybody pls explain paper 6 ,section 2,11th ques.many thanks :lol:
bulu

Re: Gl pack 2

Post by bulu »

A is the only one where the circle is to the left of the other shape. Mind you, I had to look up the answer to work it out!
copella

Post by copella »

We too have been struggling with this pack and the format is different some sections have 8 and others 16 and then 12 questions. So I am pleased it is not just us.
wardie

Post by wardie »

Here in Kent we have been told that the NVR will be four sections of eighteen questions each so that might be why the packs contain different combinations of questions.
observer

Post by observer »

DS had a go at pack 2 this morning...we randomly picked test 6 to start on....Oh dear...he didn't do so well...only about 50%....now I am wondering if it is wise to through these at him so late in the day or not? Hasn't done his confidence much good...though on the other hand, any practise is good....? Good to see that we aren't the only ones....Anyone else in the same boat? DS seems to have no problem with maths and verbal...but NVR has me worried.... :?
Chocolatey Mum

Post by Chocolatey Mum »

Talking of pack 2 we have just done the Maths and had a similar result on paper 5 ( which I left til last as it looked the most difficult).
It might be because it is the first paper after two weeks off as the others in the pack didn't cause too much trouble.
Probably use it as a wake up call. ( DD also went well over time )
I told a little porky and made out it wasn't too bad just not as good as the other papers. :oops:
She will be doing another Maths paper soon so we will see what happens.
sabz

Post by sabz »

I can also vouch for the difficulty of test 6 (Pack 2 GLA). DS (reluctantly) attempted it yesterday and did terribly badly (scored 48%). I put it down to DS having a poor attitude yesterday. Heartening to know that others have also found this particular test quite a bit more difficult.
Prior to this particular test, DS had been scoring scored between 66%-75% in tests 1-5, (to be honest, I'm not sure how well this is).
With the Bond paper 4 (book 2), he has been scoring 80%-90%. Have others also found Bond generally quite a bit easier than GLA?

Sabz
malibu

Post by malibu »

wardie wrote:Here in Kent we have been told that the NVR will be four sections of eighteen questions each so that might be why the packs contain different combinations of questions.
Will it really be four sections?? :shock: It doesn't mention it on the Kent website.
Do you mind me asking who told you that :mrgreen:
LoobyLoo

Post by LoobyLoo »

We too found Bond easier than any other practice, and particularly found GL Pack 2 the most difficult of them all! We're now sticking with that Bond to boost his confidence as our exams are in two weeks (eeek!). We're Lincs so can't comment on Kent sorry but perhaps someone can in the region section in this forum.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now