Parmiters School - from Hemel Hempstead

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
beagleboy

Parmiters School - from Hemel Hempstead

Post by beagleboy »

Hello All,

Out of interest, are there many people that go from Hemel to Parmiters? As far as I can see (please correct me if I am wrong) it is the only Watford Consortium school that HH children are eligible for? (On the exam basis - I note that the school classes the HP postcodes as within its catchment area).

Any thoughts?

Beagleboy.
tense

Re: Parmiters School - from Hemel Hempstead

Post by tense »

I'm not personally aware of any but assume that a good number must travel from Hemel - there's a bus service between there & school (run by Mullanys).
beagleboy

Post by beagleboy »

Thanks for your reply. I noticed the bus service too so I am guessing that there are as well though not aware of any folks that have children there.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Hello beagleboy, Hemel Hempstead children can also apply for St Clement Danes as there is no catchment area so anyone can apply. We applied there two years in a row for both music and academic as there are twenty places for each critieria. The great advantage for you is that for both critieria you would only sit the test once and get a mark that can be used for both schools. DG
beagleboy

Post by beagleboy »

Thank you-didn't realise that. However I imagine SCD isn't the easiest to get to from HH?
tco

Post by tco »

Hi beagleboy,

Both the children of a friend who lives in Hemel went/go to Parmiters
beagleboy

Post by beagleboy »

Thank you!
beagleboy

Post by beagleboy »

Just seen there is a coach from HH to SCD for children going to school there. So I'm guessing there is some sort of demand. Quite reassuring that at least Parmiters and SCD would at least be in the frame then.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

As you only have three choices, unlike our lucky stablemates in London, Surrey and Bucks who have six, you only have one more choice left if you go for SCD and Parmiters so not much left to play with. DG
beagleboy

Post by beagleboy »

Quite right. I'm a long way off filling in that form. And no doubt it will change by then! But I like to keep up to date on such matters. Also got to persuade my wife to allow children to do exam in the first place! (she is a secondary school teacher and against selection and travelling long distances to schools. However both my brothers went to Grammar Schools in Essex and benefited immensely). I like the ethos of some of the Watford Consortium schools. I'm fortunate to be in the catchment of the Hemel Hempstead School which I understand is also good, but would to apply for the WC schools if such a process still exists!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now