Schools- order of preference

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ahap

Schools- order of preference

Post by ahap »

Hello,

Does anyone know which G School takes less time to travel by the school bus from Chelmsford? I know Colchester is nearer than Southend by distance. I am having difficulty in deciding which school to put as a second preference.
Thank you
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
Fran17

Re: Schools- order of preference

Post by Fran17 »

Which part of Chelmsford will your DC be travelling from. There are several different bus routes and there will be people on here who can advise you regarding buses and trains. I have seen earlier posts on here regarding private bus routes arranged by parents. My sons travel to SHSB from Billericay and their bus starts in Chelmsford. If you take a look on the CSSE website I think they list some of the routes and times.
Last edited by Fran17 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ahap

Post by ahap »

Springfield
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
ahap

Post by ahap »

Thanks Fran17 I found the CSSE website very useful indeed to decide. Will be in front of my PC on the 5th applying. :roll:
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Good luck with everything ahap. :)
Rinette

Post by Rinette »

For buses from Chelmsford to Southend area, there is also the SBC buses which may have a slightly later start than those on the CSSE website (depending of your bus stop).

http://www.sbcleisure.com/?page_id=47" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck ahap !
drejodel

Post by drejodel »

Does anyone who which schools (Westcliff. Dartford Girls or Wilmington Girls) is nearer to travel from Essex (around M25). Not sure which to put as first choice in terms of ease of travel.

Any advice is needed!