Letts "Success" series

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
cestlavie

Letts "Success" series

Post by cestlavie »

Starting out with DS2 who is entering year 5 and discovered these new Lett's Success series. Just thought I would let others know that these seem to me to be a very good introduction to NVR with all the main types that we encountered in the 11+ papers and they start off quite gently so a real boost to his confidence. I personally have found them better for NVR than the equivalent Bond series which DS1 did.
11+ novice

Re: Letts "Success" series

Post by 11+ novice »

Thanks for letting us know, i had a look at the new Letts success series last week but wasn't sure. We have the bond how to do NVR which i though was really good. Hmmm! should have a look at these again. Have you tried the other in the series, that is the english and maths.
cestlavie

Post by cestlavie »

We used the English for DS1, the comprehensions are easier than the Bond papers so good for building confidence. I did buy one of the maths books, they are also ok but we're happy with the Bond maths so have stuck with those and will use Lett's for extra practice if necessary. I haven't looked at the VR.
la boume

Post by la boume »

VR year 6 book is very good in my opinion. Excellent vocab and anagrams. just 30 min tests, very good for holidays.
11+ novice

Post by 11+ novice »

Thanks everyone, never thought of getting the year 6 Letts verbal book, thanks guys off to wh smith again.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now