Moving to Stratford Upon Avon

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Claire T

Moving to Stratford Upon Avon

Post by Claire T »

Hello
First time I've used this website or, any forum, so I apologise in advance if I haven't set out this post in the correct format :lol: .
I was recommended the forum by my childminder (also a ex Head Teacher).
Myself , husband and my children aged 8 (Y4) and 4 (Nursery) are in the process of moving from London to Stratford upon Avon which we hope will occur by the beginning of November (fingers crossed).
We only have a limited knowledge of the area and need to be situated within a maximum 5 mile radius of the town itself.
Our house has been sold and we are looking to rent initially and buy once we have moved. We are looking for an area which is pretty, family friendly and is in a catchment area of some good local primary and secondary schools.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.
magwich2

Re: Moving to Stratford Upon Avon

Post by magwich2 »

There are lots of nice villages around - Ilmington is one of them with a good primary but usually full. Not quite what you asked but I would not want a child of mine to go to Quinton school, Newbold and Tredington school or Thomas Joliffe in Stratford itself. PM me if you want the reasons but they are just the usual ones really!
solimum

Post by solimum »

Claverdon/ Yarningale is a little further north but I know families (working in Stratford) who have been happy with the primary there, which sends pupils to the Stratford grammars, to Henley High (Henley -in-Arden is also a picturesque town) and is also convenient for Warwick. Is there a reason for a five mile limit? Five miles in London probably takes as long as 15 miles in Warwickshire!
Preston

Post by Preston »

Agree with other posters, there are some great small village primarys in the area.

But why the 5 mile+ rule, out of interest :?
Claire T

Post by Claire T »

Whilst I could move further out as I WFH and will be travelling round West Midlands area my husband is a postman and will be travelling to and from Stratford by pushbike.
We would prefer to live in a village location, but as we need access to childcare as well I'm not sure how easy we would find this within close proximity to a village.
Suspect we may need to move to Stratford itself - we're coming from Croydon so I'm sure Stratford compared to Croydon would seem like a village to us! Riot free (hopefully)!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now