SHSG

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

SHSG

Post by Guest »

It's now public knowledge - David Mansfield (the Head) has been appointed as Headteacher at Coopers Coborn in Upminster. By all accounts the staff greeted the news with total silence.
Guest63

Coopers Coborn

Post by Guest63 »

Anyone got any feedback on David Mansfield, my daughter starts at Coopers in Sept and have been waiting to see who would replace Dr Lloyd.

Re: SHSG

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:It's now public knowledge - David Mansfield (the Head) has been appointed as Headteacher at Coopers Coborn in Upminster. By all accounts the staff greeted the news with total silence.
That is a real shame for SHSG. He has done a lot of good and in fact their results have increased since he has been there. Fingers crossed that the new head keeps up what he has started.
SHSG parant

David Mansfield

Post by SHSG parant »

Have I missed something? As an SHSG parent I haven't heard anything about this. Do we have a new head yet?
SHSG parent

David Mansfield

Post by SHSG parent »

By the way, I have always found the man highly competant. Nice communicative guy who understands the grass roots of things.

Post by Guest »

Goodness, how interesting. I was very impressed by him at the October 2006 open evening. I was under the impression he was relatively new to the post and was in the midst of trying to further improve an already successful school. Does anyone know why he has chosen to move on?
SHSG parent

David Mansfield

Post by SHSG parent »

Not sure why he is moving but suffice it to say he has changed things quite a bit. He's brought back Latin and now every student has to take 3 separate sciences for GCSE. These are just two positive examples (I feel) and teachers and heads are often on the move. Maybe he feels he has done what he set out to do and has some successes to put forward to a new school.
Southend Mum.

SHSG-Head.

Post by Southend Mum. »

Is there anymore news whether a new head has been appointed at SHSG? My daughter is starting in September and we were very impressed with Mr Mansfield when we visited last October. Sad to hear that he's leaving.
Katie

Post by Katie »

My Daughter is also starting in September, we were really impressed by the Head Mr Mansfield, so it is so disapointing to hear he will be leaving.
I hope someone does know who the next head will be and anyone know when all the change over happens.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now